I'd be interested to see a pic of the headstock serial number and the same in the PU cavity as 6 0267 would be very low for a 1986 serial number. The earlierst 1986 I know of (other than this) is 401, which is a Metal so you can assume sending to Bud D for painting added a few weeks to production (meaning it ended up being finished in '86 when started in '85). I've seen (owned) one '85 with a 40X serial number and understand some '85 guitars go to up to the 420s. I've also seen 6 49X which was a 6 on the headstock and a 5 turned in to 6 in the PU cavity. I like the early Guitars / pre-Standards more than Customs, so nice score btw:) Looks like Seafoam Green based on the pics - it should say in the front PU cavity although the writing is sometimes painted over making it hard to read.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see a pic of the headstock serial number and the same in the PU cavity as 6 0267 would be very low for a 1986 serial number. The earlierst 1986 I know of (other than this) is 401, which is a Metal so you can assume sending to Bud D for painting added a few weeks to production (meaning it ended up being finished in '86 when started in '85). I've seen (owned) one '85 with a 40X serial number and understand some '85 guitars go to up to the 420s. I've also seen 6 49X which was a 6 on the headstock and a 5 turned in to 6 in the PU cavity. I like the early Guitars / pre-Standards more than Customs, so nice score btw:) Looks like Seafoam Green based on the pics - it should say in the front PU cavity although the writing is sometimes painted over making it hard to read.

Yep, it's definitely seafoam green. It can be a hard color to truly capture in photos.

The neck cavity is painted while the bridge cavity is mostly painted. I had to scrape to get the what I think is a '5" visible. Pardon the potato quality.

Yep, it's definitely seafoam green. It can be a hard color to truly capture in photos.

The neck cavity is painted while the bridge cavity is mostly painted. I had to scrape to get the what I think is a '5" visible. Pardon the potato quality.

Nothing like a quality potato!:p

Back