2017 Custom 24 - 85/15 Pickup Challenges

I have recently become a believer in "low wind" HBs, though I have not even had a chance to test drive the hot (Not so hot?) new LTs in a 594. I have had no issues with any of the "newer" PRS takes on "vintage". FWIW, I really love the 57/08 and 59/09 combination in the WL Ted (to the left). I am sure the RW neck has something to do with it as well.

I have recently become a believer in "low wind" HBs

I've recently started going the other way.

I made the switch to low wind humbuckers about 12 years ago. They're definitely killer and I'll never ditch low output entirely, but I came to regret having them in every single guitar I own. Last year I started using high output pickups again and man, have I been missing out.

Moral of my story... don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I've recently started going the other way.

I made the switch to low wind humbuckers about 12 years ago. They're definitely killer and I'll never ditch low output entirely, but I came to regret having them in every single guitar I own. Last year I started using high output pickups again and man, have I been missing out.

Moral of my story... don't put all your eggs in one basket.
I used to dig high output pickups but now I seem to like low to medium output better. I am with the same opinion so I keep a ce22 with dragon 1s on board.

I have a CU24 with 57/08s it is a killer combo on that guitar that said I had another CU24 with the VB/HFS combo ( rotary switch ) and that flat out rocks also and the split sounds are to die for
I have also played some CU24s with Suhr Aldridge picks :) and they are great sounding and versatile
I am also a fan of the Mira pickups I have them in two guitars ( a DGT and a Core Mira ) they have a bit extra output compared to 57/08s or some of the other lower wind pickups.
Dragon 2s are also cool one of the best neck pickups out there and the hotter humbucker is great fun and splits nicely

Back