2007 Standard 22 neck profile.

Torvald

I've done a search here, but haven't really found a definitive answer. I think that the Korean SE Standard 22's came with the wide/fat necks, which is what I like. But did they all have the W/F? I've seen it stated that the W/F was only available on 22 fret models, but I had a Korean Tremonti which had a wide/thin neck and didn't like it as much. The guitar I'm considering is a flat top with a mat finish Standard 22, 2007. I'm sure someone here will know.

OP I'm assuming if it's the hardtail version it's a WF as i had one like that in '09...maybe someone else can chime in to concur....

No. Actually it's a tremolo version. Small telecaster type knobs, moon dots rather than birds, if that's any help.

Maybe if you post a pic an expert here will chime in...it might be a WT and you mentioned you don't want that again...

Yes all those old 22 fret SE models were Wide/Fat. That '07 Standard should be a nice no-frills tone machine. I had a 2007 SE Soapbar II (same guitar, but gloss finish and P90's) and it was a ripper.

The original SE Tremonti (all mahogany, stoptail) was Wide/Fat. They went to Wide/Thin when they revamped them to add veneers and trem.

Thanks! That's what I thought. Unfortunately the seller on Reverb doesn't respond to my inquiries or the offer I made, so I may have to look for another. I also have a SE Soapbar and I really like the flat top, the arm relief and the Moon dots. I have a set of Seth Lovers I thought would be great in the Standard 22.

I have a 2007 SE Standard, made by PT Wildwood in Indonesia, and all I can find(not knowing where more, or how much info is out there,,,my Paul Reed Smith Guitars book is where I have seen this), and it says Wide Fat. It strikes me to be a U-ish neck, Wide Fat or not. I like it.
It IS narrower than the Pattern Regular neck I have on my Vela.

For all I know it might be a Wide Fat, though.

Interesting. I also have a Vela and the main difference between the Wide/Fat on my Soapbar and the Vela's neck is that the Vela neck is narrower. 1.66 vs 1.69". The thickness is almost the same.

Yeah that IS interesting. I've had the Vela since 2017, and it's been awhile bonding with it. I do like it though. Strange to say, the nut proper is a teeny bit too narrow for the neck where it mounts. You can feel very slight indents, and it's visible, too. I asked about it at Elderly, where I got it, and was told they saw nothing untoward. Oh well.
The major thing was that the nut was cut too shallow. I took it to a luthier down here where he deepened the slots. Odd, but it can happen, I guess. Some might say it's a taste thing, but to me, the strings were too high down there. I have the files now, and am pretty comfortable working on all things guitar, as far as adjustment. Have been for a long time. The nut files are the newest addition.

It's a pretty comfy player now.

Yeah that IS interesting. I've had the Vela since 2017, and it's been awhile bonding with it. I do like it though. Strange to say, the nut proper is a teeny bit too narrow for the neck where it mounts. You can feel very slight indents, and it's visible, too. I asked about it at Elderly, where I got it, and was told they saw nothing untoward. Oh well.
The major thing was that the nut was cut too shallow. I took it to a luthier down here where he deepened the slots. Odd, but it can happen, I guess. Some might say it's a taste thing, but to me, the strings were too high down there. I have the files now, and am pretty comfortable working on all things guitar, as far as adjustment. Have been for a long time. The nut files are the newest addition.

It's a pretty comfy player now.
My SE Paul's guitar is like that with the nut a few hundredths narrower than the neck. Kinda lame, because you feel it once in a while, but otherwise it was about perfect as far as set up, fit and finish.

I have a 2007 SE Standard, made by PT Wildwood in Indonesia, and all I can find(not knowing where more, or how much info is out there,,,my Paul Reed Smith Guitars book is where I have seen this), and it says Wide Fat. It strikes me to be a U-ish neck, Wide Fat or not. I like it.
It IS narrower than the Pattern Regular neck I have on my Vela.

For all I know it might be a Wide Fat, though.

The Indonesia guitars were much later. PT Wildwood was 2014-2018, then they switched to Cort.

There's definitely some variation in the SE necks. The one on my Soapbar was a baseball bat. I forget the actual measurement, but it was over spec at the nut for sure.

My SE Paul's wide/fat is definitely a bit fatter than my Korean Soapbar II's wide/fat.

It says PT Wildwood, Indonesia on the back of the headstock, and the serial number works out to 2007, which was late for Wildwood. You're right Cort was next. They stopped making the SE Standard in 2007.(at least the one with the wrap-around tailpiece) All this according to my PRS Book , by Dave Burrluck.

It says PT Wildwood, Indonesia on the back of the headstock, and the serial number works out to 2007, which was late for Wildwood. You're right Cort was next. They stopped making the SE Standard in 2007.(at least the one with the wrap-around tailpiece) All this according to my PRS Book , by Dave Burrluck.

'07 sounds about right for the original WMI Korea-built SE Standard.

The blue one in your avatar is much newer. PT Wildwood only made SE guitars 2014-18 (going by memory plus the SN dater on the PRS site at least).

The original mid-2000's era Standard was a flat slab of mahogany with arm and belly contours. Birds were not an option on any SE guitar at that point. Moons only.

They released a new version for 2015 with the beveled top and birds and then killed it off again after a few years. The Burrluck book only goes up to 2014 unless there's a newer update I don't know about. I think Dave is gonna have to start a second volume based on how busy PRS have been the last 8+ years!

'07 sounds about right for the original WMI Korea-built SE Standard.

The blue one in your avatar is much newer. PT Wildwood only made SE guitars 2014-18 (going by memory plus the SN dater on the PRS site at least).

The original mid-2000's era Standard was a flat slab of mahogany with arm and belly contours. Birds were not an option on any SE guitar at that point. Moons only.

They released a new version for 2015 with the beveled top and birds and then killed it off again after a few years. The Burrluck book only goes up to 2014 unless there's a newer update I don't know about. I think Dave is gonna have to start a second volume based on how busy PRS have been the last 8+ years!
All of this.

I see quite a few SE Custom 22's for sale but I'm thinking that they would have the wide/thin neck. Generally they have birds too, and I prefer the moon dots.

They have the vibrato tailpiece. Very few wraparounds available anymore. And I prefer the old one piece ones, too. Ala Paul's Guitar. I 'would' like an SE DGT. :)

Back