2 Channel Custom Discontinued?

SXCustom

I noticed today that the 2 Channel Custom line is no longer on the PRS site. Anyone know if it has been discontinued?

There are plenty of them out there, Customs and “H” amps. In fact, there’s an H local to me going for a very good price, if anyone wants the contact.

You know, this brings a question to mind. We heard that 2018 was a smokin' year for PRS due to the hot sales of the SS and the 594's. I haven't heard how the amp sales were doing. DG's and the MT15 are pretty new along with the Sonzeras. How did the amps do this year?

Last edited:
You know, this brings a question to mind. We heard that 2018 was a smokin' year for PRS due to the hot sales of the SS and the 594's. I haven't heard how the amp sales were doing. DG's and the MT15 are pretty new along with the Sonzeras. How did the amps do this hear?
I'd love to see this info. My guess, the Archons have started to get some traction. The Sonzera line has sold pretty well, and the MT15s are through the roof.

I have a STRONG suggestion for amp dealers. I've said this for years, and I'll say it again. Get several cabs that are well broken in and demo ALL your amps with them. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a brand new amp and brand new cab in a store and not been blown away, even though I kept hearing how great the amp was. Then many times, played the amp later at home with broken in speakers and LOVED it. You guys probably remember how I was ready to throw Scumbacks in my PRS cab after a couple months. It sounded good, but not great. Not cranking it up a lot, it took a YEAR to get the cab sounding great. Now the cab sounds great and I won't mess with it, and am looking for another cab to put those Scumbacks in. There is a crispyness to newer speakers that is never flattering to an amp. Once the speakers get broken in, the crispyness is replaced by a chewyness... the envelope around the note sounds much better. And, amps that may have sounded harsh because of the speakers, now sound fat.

I played both a 2 Channel H and an Archon in a store with new speakers, and didn't fall in love with either. At home with broken in speakers, I fell in love with both. I also had a manager at GC say "we're not carrying the PRS amps any more because we just haven't had much luck with them." Then a year later, he got a used H in and when he heard it with his old cab, he bought it immediately. I said "I told you you'd love it if you tried it with broken in speakers" and he said he was shocked at how much better it was than what he'd heard in the store when they had one. I'm not sure why more dealers don't think about this. If I were PRS, I'd consider doing the speaker breakin at the factory prior to shipping! Just so the "new" stuff at the store would truly shine the way it's supposed too! (Rant over)

In the uk and europe its hard to see anything other than sonzera or mt15 listed. Online uk some archons around and some retailers have the jmod, but dont know if its selling or stagnant. Nary a sign of anything else

Back