1957/2008 Limited Edition Model - One Piece Quilted 10 top

RDNZL

Hey guys. Thought I would share my new gem. Pernambuco neck and dat top...
Thinking about customizing hardware with rosewood pup rings/knobs/machine heads. Any suggestions?

vb5W7xg.jpg

More pics!
ktnbzJt.jpg
9dQ5Az9.jpg

bVq3Iju.jpg

Last edited:
Knobs look like a good match just as they are. Pup rings and switch tip should match, but it already looks like they match the binding?. It doesn't look like you need to do much beyond that, IMHO.

I will go against the grain here (pardon the pun.) I feel that guitars of this calibre shouldn't have a whole lot of plastic on them. If you want to match the pickup rings to the binding, then what I would do is replace the pickup rings and the three-way switch tip with figured maple versions, replace the truss rod cover and tuning buttons with ebony, and finally, replace the volume and tone knobs with rosewood to match the fingerboard. Like this sort of thing:

vnat2_ezr2.JPG

I think the cream pickup rings set off the top nicely, and have a more vintage/traditional look. The wood ones make the whole thing look too dull, but it's a personal preference of course.

And so many of the aftermarket bits and bobs aren't cut cleanly or made very well.

However, if you like the wood trim or other materials, crazyparts.de has bunches of choices, and evidently PRS sources some special-order Private Stock parts from them.

Last edited:
I think she's gorgeous as-is as well - a most excellent score. With that quilt, I think you're going to have a tough time finding wooden pickup rings that look "right."

On the other hand, I do think a set of those cream-colored knobs I have seen on some PSes (to match the current pickup rings) would look killer...just my (lack of) artistic opinion.

Beautiful guitar man! Enjoy!
Peruvian Mahogany is what I have on mine. It's a killer, killer guitar. I could listen to it playing simple two-note rock riffs all day.
That's what was on mine as well. Wish I still had it!

Gorgeous axe, I think if you must add some wooden parts
change the plastic truss rod cover and the tuning buttons
with rosewood ones

I think the cream pickup rings set off the top nicely, and have a more vintage/traditional look. The wood ones make the whole thing look too dull, but it's a personal preference of course.

And so many of the aftermarket bits and bobs aren't cut cleanly or made very well.

However, if you like the wood trim or other materials, crazyparts.de has bunches of choices, and evidently PRS sources some special-order Private Stock parts from them.

I'm not a fan of wood pickup rings either

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I am inclined to agree with Mr Goobs though.

I will go against the grain here (pardon the pun.) I feel that guitars of this calibre shouldn't have a whole lot of plastic on them. If you want to match the pickup rings to the binding, then what I would do is replace the pickup rings and the three-way switch tip with figured maple versions, replace the truss rod cover and tuning buttons with ebony, and finally, replace the volume and tone knobs with rosewood to match the fingerboard. Like this sort of thing:

vnat2_ezr2.JPG

Hey guys. Thought I would share my new gem. Pernambuco neck and dat top...
Thinking about customizing hardware with rosewood pup rings/knobs/machine heads. Any suggestions?

vb5W7xg.jpg

More pics!
ktnbzJt.jpg
9dQ5Az9.jpg

bVq3Iju.jpg

Why hasn´t your guitar showed up here?

Back