10-46 on PRS SE Korina Singlecut

stevenew

Hi,

I am about to get a PRS SE Korina Singlecut, I know SEs come setup with 9s, will the nut slots be OK for 10-46. I know I might need to adjust the neck but I don't want to send it in to the guitar tech just yet for a new nut. Eventually I'll get that done, new tuners maybe pickups. I am just used to 10s on my other guitars.

Thanks

Steve

I have just put some 10/46 gauges on my se245 the only problem was the low e it didn't want to sit perfectly at first but with a little bit of wiggling it went in and sits right and with no tuning problems.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I guess a bit of nut sauce or similar will help sit that bottom E. How do you find the tuners, I have read various people saying they are not that good and to replace with Schaller mini locking tuners that are meant to be a drop in replacement.

Steve

While I don't currently have an SE, my old SE SC Soapbar was just fine with 10's, no adjustment needed and the tuners were not an issue...

Jamie

My SE Tremonti took 10's with just a dash of Big Bens Nut Sauce. No neck adjustment needed and the tuners are pretty good.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, its appreciated. I'm looking forward to my new guitar, my first SE & my 2nd PRS & my 3rd PRS ever!

Steve

If the slots are a bit tight then they can be widened with some folded fine grade sandpaper, even a wound string. Just use some Nut Sauce or graphite after that and I think you'll be ok.

Back