Zebras? I don't need no stinkin' zebras....

Awesome looking great guitar. I play one with a stop tailpiece yesterday and fell in love too. I said everthing you said about the fretwork and neck to myself when I played it too. Unfortunately the headstock took a big hit on the corner and had a huge dent.
Today I sent back and they offered to match the clearance (scratch and dent) price and order me a different one. It should be here in a few days and I can't wait.

The only mod I had in mind was adding a push/pull for coil splitting (for some reason the fixed bridge doesn't include it). But now that I saw your pics with pickup covers.... I guess I have two mods planned for when it arrives.

Awesome looking great guitar. I play one with a stop tailpiece yesterday and fell in love too. I said everthing you said about the fretwork and neck to myself when I played it too. Unfortunately the headstock took a big hit on the corner and had a huge dent.
Today I sent back and they offered to match the clearance (scratch and dent) price and order me a different one. It should be here in a few days and I can't wait.

The only mod I had in mind was adding a push/pull for coil splitting (for some reason the fixed bridge doesn't include it). But now that I saw your pics with pickup covers.... I guess I have two mods planned for when it arrives.

Pete... great news on the shop matching the deal and ordering a pristine new copy for you!

I'm still amazed at the quality of the neck/fretboard and especially the fretwork - fret ends magnificently finished and the entire fret surfaces are polished to such a smooth gleam! Truly a joy to play, without any need for set-up, at all!

Congrats on your soon-to-arrive SE Custom!

Yeah...I'm not a really a zebra kinda guy. However, I think they look cool on certain guitars and with certain finishes. Just none of mine.:(

I bought an SE 245 a few weeks back. I got it mainly to try my hand at some light modding for the first time. So, I did the amber lamp shades, I really dig the look! However these cream pickup rings with these zebras...on this particular finish just ruins the asthetics...to me at least.

I planned on a pickup swap right out of the gate...but I really like the tones I'm getting from the stock SE245 pickups so far....so now I have covers and rings on the way.

Great looking guitar especially with the covers!

I continue to be absolutely amazed at how much I like the tones from these 85/15S pickups in split-coil mode. They truly sound about as good as good single-coil pickups, and that's saying a lot about split-coil humbuckers. I never play them in humbucker mode, and that's fine, the split-coil/single-coil tone is exactly what I crave.

And did I mention the neck and fretwork? Fantastic+

World Music in S. Korea built this guitar with perfection, at a great price point. I have no desire for a more expensive PRS guitar.

tumblr_oy1wsbKXaA1ux6ewoo5_r1_250.gifv

Yeah...I'm not a really a zebra kinda guy. However, I think they look cool on certain guitars and with certain finishes. Just none of mine.:(

I bought an SE 245 a few weeks back. I got it mainly to try my hand at some light modding for the first time. So, I did the amber lamp shades, I really dig the look! However these cream pickup rings with these zebras...on this particular finish just ruins the asthetics...to me at least.

I planned on a pickup swap right out of the gate...but I really like the tones I'm getting from the stock SE245 pickups so far....so now I have covers and rings on the way.

Great looking guitar especially with the covers!

Yeah you do! Nice one bro:D

Pete... great news on the shop matching the deal and ordering a pristine new copy for you!

I'm still amazed at the quality of the neck/fretboard and especially the fretwork - fret ends magnificently finished and the entire fret surfaces are polished to such a smooth gleam! Truly a joy to play, without any need for set-up, at all!

Congrats on your soon-to-arrive SE Custom!

Ahh... not so easy. I just heard today that PRS phased out the model I had on order. They are no longer making a semi-hollow without a trem. They don't have the quilted finish available either. I'm now scrambling to decide what to change the order to, or if I just cancel it for now.

I can't believe PRS none of the SE semi-hollow models are hardtails. Does anyone know pricing on the SE Hollowbody II or SE Hollowbody Standard?

Last edited:
Ha, I thought this thread was about referees. If you are a Detroit Lions fan, and just got completely screwed out of a win by two horrific calls on MNF (in the Packers favor) I can see why you’d be hatin’ the Zebras right now. That was freaking CRIMINAL! The Pack is always one of my favorite “other “ teams, but they did not deserve that win!

Ok, back to pickups.

Last edited by a moderator:
My covers should be here today but I probably won't get to install them until Monday. Gives me some more time to wear out those strings!

What did you have to go and do that for!
Aunty Agnes is jealous as frick of Big Momma!

Nicely done bro! True class.

She made me do it;).

Thanks bro! I really appreciate it.

I'm just thankful, I didn't screw it up in the proccess. Just the fact that nothing was destroyed and I didn't lose an eye or get any third degree burns is both a miracle and a tiny victory.;)

Last edited:
Back