Your Practice/Playing Space

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
I posted a pedal board thread a little bit ago and saw some nice setups. A pic posted by LHchefman of his studio space made me decide to post up my music room as well. What I have is not nearly what his is but it is where I try to practice and study when not just hanging out in the living room in front of the tv with a guitar.....lol.... It led me to wonder what kind of space you all have set aside for your music. Here is mine......

48364990_10161150677805331_1480022880975585280_n.jpg

This should be interesting.

Last time I put up a picture of just a small part of my music room, Les almost had a stroke. For his wellbeing, it’s probably best if I don’t put up more pics. (Although, now that I’ve brought it up and he’s probably already having flashbacks, I DID straighten out the speaker cabs. Used a protractor to get them lined up. But I still have a revolving pedal board so there are always 10 pedals sitting off the the sides of the board... I don’t think he’s ready for that yet. Baby steps).

My playing/practice space is the sofa/living room floor. The only piece of equipment that gets left out is the Yamaha THR10 that lives on a shelf under the TV. I would certainly like a dedicated area to be able to leave things out and set up, but family life means I just don't have the space.

My playing/practice space is the sofa/living room floor. The only piece of equipment that gets left out is the Yamaha THR10 that lives on a shelf under the TV. I would certainly like a dedicated area to be able to leave things out and set up, but family life means I just don't have the space.
Yeah man. I completely understand that. I used to raise Suriname Red Tail Boas. So, this was once the snake room. It was separate from the rest of my place because it needed to be climate controlled. I eventually sold off all of my collection of snakes and this room was basically converted at that point (before anyone else found a "use" for it). Had that happened, squatters rights would have taken hold and I'd have lost it forever....lol. Prior to that, my equipment was in every room it seemed. People just got used to tripping over stuff.....Hahahahaha.......

Yeah man. I completely understand that. I used to raise Suriname Red Tail Boas. So, this was once the snake room. It was separate from the rest of my place because it needed to be climate controlled. I eventually sold off all of my collection of snakes and this room was basically converted at that point (before anyone else found a "use" for it). Had that happened, squatters rights would have taken hold and I'd have lost it forever....lol. Prior to that, my equipment was in every room it seemed. People just got used to tripping over stuff.....Hahahahaha.......
Unfortunately, in my current house there are no rooms being used for something else that could be converted, unless we're talking about kids bedrooms and waiting till they're old enough to move out - and considering the oldest one is 3 that may take a few years!

My “Studio Craptastic” is in a basement. You can imagine how I feel about this.

Here’s a view from the rear toward the front workstation area. I now work “in the box” so there is no longer a lot of hardware. This either causes me a certain sadness, or great relief, depending on the day:

beEayHW.jpg

And a view toward the back of the room where I cut guitars, other instruments, and vocals. I move stuff around often to make it less horrid (which is impossible). I’ve been putting off installing new flooring. I’ll be happier with it when I do that. The saving grace of the room is that the acoustics are actually very good.

SSGXa7X.jpg

Last edited:
One shot with a wide angle lens captures it well, from the wall of PRS, to the stuff that doesn't fit under the bed, to the table that's still a mess in the aftermath of the SE One mods.

TCyH9ev.jpg

It's the guest room, so it can all be packed up really well. It's also the only room in the house that's pretty much always closed up, so it's where presents with ribbons get stashed to keep safe from the cats. One room, many uses.

One shot with a wide angle lens captures it well, from the wall of PRS, to the stuff that doesn't fit under the bed, to the table that's still a mess in the aftermath of the SE One mods.

TCyH9ev.jpg

It's the guest room, so it can all be packed up really well. It's also the only room in the house that's pretty much always closed up, so it's where presents with ribbons get stashed to keep safe from the cats. One room, many uses.
Is that a Yamaha amp on the table? and what is under that fender amp cover over there???

Is that a Yamaha amp on the table? and what is under that fender amp cover over there???

Yes, that's the Yamaha THR10. It's my main amp for in the house. I use it with headphones often and it's very handy to plug in my phone or laptop to practice (there's that word again) or to jam along with tunes.

Under the cover is my Fender Blues Deluxe (special edition blonde tolex), which has been my main out of the house amp for the last 8 years or so, but I've had it since new in 1995.

h091jyTh.jpg

Back