why was the SE EG discontinued?

dazco

Anyone in the know about this? It seems odd when everything i have seen in my exhaustive search for one seems to indicate they are not just hard to find but that a lot of people seem to be hunting for them. I've seen other discontinued guitars and related gear become desirable, but usually never to this degree without the company realizing it and reissuing them. Paul, are you listening? I'd buy one 2 seconds after i them become available. And from what i've seen so would a lot of people. I found 2 of the stoptails which seem to be the most desirable, probably due to that scott grove video. But they only came in 3 colors, 2 of my most hated colors for any guitar, (metallic red and blue) and one i love, white. So i'm waiting for a white one but from the looks of it i'd estimate i won't likely find one for probably a year or more. Reissue these PRS !!! It's time !

They're cool guitars, I would consider buying one down the road. I would be mighty surprised if we didn't see some kind of single coil axe in the S2 or SE lineup within the next year.

Discontinued SE EG

Anyone in the know about this? It seems odd when everything i have seen in my exhaustive search for one seems to indicate they are not just hard to find but that a lot of people seem to be hunting for them. I've seen other discontinued guitars and related gear become desirable, but usually never to this degree without the company realizing it and reissuing them. Paul, are you listening? I'd buy one 2 seconds after i them become available. And from what i've seen so would a lot of people. I found 2 of the stoptails which seem to be the most desirable, probably due to that scott grove video. But they only came in 3 colors, 2 of my most hated colors for any guitar, (metallic red and blue) and one i love, white. So i'm waiting for a white one but from the looks of it i'd estimate i won't likely find one for probably a year or more. Reissue these PRS !!! It's time !
Yeah, the SE EG's have more than doubled in price on eBay in the past year. Maybe Paul will see the light and release them, just as they were and with more finish options. To ignore the current demand for them is not GROOVY.

Back