What would you consider a "fair price" for this PRS?

What A POS. I Wouldn't Buy It For Any Price.

You Folks Throwing Out $1K Plus Can't Be Serious. I Sure As Hell Hope Not Anyway.

That thing is shredded!! Who knows if it plays in tune. I might for $500 and attempt to recondition as a beater.

What A POS. I Wouldn't Buy It For Any Price.

You Folks Throwing Out $1K Plus Can't Be Serious. I Sure As Hell Hope Not Anyway.
I wouldn't let it into my house.

"Didn't you say that about a beat up '53 Les Paul that you could have bought for $3500 back in 1992?"

"I certainly did. And it was in a lot better shape than the beater in this thread. Just toss another money-maker I missed onto the pyre!" ;)

That is one beat up guitar.

Hard pass, period. Even for a heavy relic strat: missing chuncks of wood is a no go. Those flaws are beyond cosmetic.

Say what you want, but look at those frets. That guitar has seen some use. Under the cosmetic issues, it’s probably a pretty good guitar.

I’m not one to turn my nose up at a guitar that’s in need of some love. That said, there’d have to be a hefty discount to purchase that one. If I had a desire for a project guitar, that might not be a bad one if the price was right.

Serial Number 32549
10-Top

These are all the pictures and info I have, curious to get some opinions…

index.php

index.php

index.php
Just my opinion but 1100 all in. It is really beat up and I am guessing that damage takes away from it being a 10 top. Hard to believe someone would get a 10 top then treat it like that, but everyone is different.

I wouldn't pay any amount for that guitar based only on those pics. Maybe if I could play it and determine the neck's not warped, etc. Who knows what's going on with that guitar. 10-top isn't a selling point when the rest of it looks suspect (IMO of course).

Would love to know if the op bought it or even made an offer or if all the negativity had him running for the hills!

To the guitar's defense: The playwear looks honest. A natural relic. This could mean that it was a magical guitar to someone.
But it needs a lot of work, as per my previous post.
Yep. It could be a wonderful guitar.

Wonder what the case is like? Gonna need a case.

I wouldn't pay more than $700. tops.

Otherwise it's just not worth it to sink another $500 or 600 into it to refret it and fix it up.

It could be made like new again with a refret and refinish...

But you can buy them in nice shape for under $2000 so it wouldn't be money well spent on that one.

Not unless you can score it for nutso cheap!

Last edited:
Back