How much is too much price wise for a PRS 10 top?

There’s a few nice core singlecuts FS on the gear page. $2200 for one, the other was $2500 .. Us musicians on TGP tend to keep our prices reasonable. Others there and on Reverb with the much higher prices are many times just flippers or guitar owners…
What where is the “gear page”?
Forgive my ignorance here!

That Is A Beautiful Guitar. I Have A Little Bit Newer Guilt Top Artist With Brazilian Board Like It That I Really Love.

It Is One Thing If You Can Play The Guitar And It Really Is A Player And Speaks To You. It Is Another Thing Entirely To Purchase Without Playing The Guitar In Hopes That It Is Everything You Dreamed It Would Be In Addition To Justifying The High (IMO) Price Tag. There Are A Lot Of Nice Guitars Out There To Be Had.

Now On The Flip Side...If You Completely Fall In Love With A Guitar And Can Afford It Then Sometimes Price (Realistically) Goes Out The Window. I Don't Sense That Is The Case Here. I Have Missed Out On Some Nice Guitars Over Price When In Reality The Amount Of Many We Were Away Was Minimal In Th Big Picture. I Have Also Paid Slightly More Than I Was Hoping/Planning To Pay For A Few Guitars And Looking Back The Money Difference In The Big Picture Is Nothing...Usually The Amount Of A Decent To Very Nice Dinner Out So In Th Grand Scheme Of Life, Not A Significant Amount Of Money.

I Do Hope You Find A Guitar You Love And For A Price That Works For You. Deals Are Always Available To Be Had And If You Find One Extra Cheap It Can Help Ease The Pain Of Paying A Bit More Than You Wish On The Next One. It Always Balances Out Some Way.

Good Luck!

There’s a few nice core singlecuts FS on the gear page. $2200 for one, the other was $2500 .. Us musicians on TGP tend to keep our prices reasonable. Others there and on Reverb with the much higher prices are many times just flippers or guitar owners…
I just looked and they are already sold.

Oh, I didn’t realize that you would be importing it from another continent. Then I would pass. Too many possible problems and $$$. I would wait until something comes up a little closer to home, because at some point…one will. And it will be a sweeter deal.
Fun thing is, in Europe there are steals to be had too. I live in the mainland EU and although prices are not USA low, I see/bought a lot of nicely priced PRSi on the market. 2020: used starla core for under €1200 (from Spain), 2021 McCarty korina for €1650, 2022 NOS CU24 10 top 57/08 for under 3k€. Just keep your eyes peeled.

Fun thing is, in Europe there are steals to be had too. I live in the mainland EU and although prices are not USA low, I see/bought a lot of nicely priced PRSi on the market. 2020: used starla core for under €1200 (from Spain), 2021 McCarty korina for €1650, 2022 NOS CU24 10 top 57/08 for under 3k€. Just keep your eyes peeled.
o_O Where did you get those deals?

For me, that particular one would NOT be worth $3000. The blue is too dark and I don't care for the black neck and back.

I had a '02 Custom 22 in Whale Blue with the black back, and I would have preferred a wood stain and finish rather than the look of the opaque black neck and back

This one's being delivered today. I like the black back; it's got kind of a classy look.

KDPJPqq.jpg

Last edited:
Back