What are some of the non-PRS guitars in your collection?

The only non-PRS guitars in my collection: (2) 2023 Les Paul Customs
53451601416_a56ffbde34_c.jpg

Isn't it a law that as a guitar player you have to own a good Les Paul and Strat? I thought it was. In some states a Tele is required too.
I guess I continue to break laws then! I do have a strat though, Hwy One (2005 I believe) and I need to try a tele at some point!

Also have Eko Kadett, Carlos acoustic, Martin D12-20, Martin J-40, Steinberger XM2T bass (1989, owned since 1990), EBMM Stingray bass, Kelii Koa Ukulele and of course, the three treasured PRSi!

Isn't it a law that as a guitar player you have to own a good Les Paul and Strat? I thought it was. In some states a Tele is required too.

Maybe I'm an outlaw. The only Fender I ever wanted was a Jazzmaster. Don't need any other model.

I do have a Les Paul Special Double-Cut w/ P-90's. So, you're right about that.

Between it & the Jazzmaster, Tele bridge-pickup sonic terrain is covered.

I admire Strat design, but I already have a Jazzmaster.

index.php

Last edited:

I actually had a wild wood thin skin '55 tele that I traded for a semi hollow CE24 a couple months back lol. It was a nice guitar but I had a love/hate relationship with it that leaned a little too much on the hate side. I do want to get another tele again at some point, but probably something much less "vintage correct"

PRS almost entirely overtook my collection in the last 10 months, but I still have a couple others

'18 Les Paul Standard and American Pro II strat in miami blue

testg.jpg
I always wondered who leaves the sticker and film on the pickguard.. now I know. Sticker on the bill of your hat too!?!?! :p

I'm one that believes in a Les Paul and Strat in the camp. Also, a Tele and SG.

I always wondered who leaves the sticker and film on the pickguard.. now I know. Sticker on the bill of your hat too!?!?! :p

I'm one that believes in a Les Paul and Strat in the camp. Also, a Tele and SG.

Lol thats an old picture from right after I got the strat and was doing a family shot, sticker is long gone

Like the tele that I turned into a PRS, I also turned my SG into the 594 in my avatar a couple months back. A tele will rejoin the herd one day, not sure about another SG tho

Lol thats an old picture from right after I got the strat and was doing a family shot, sticker is long gone

Like the tele that I turned into a PRS, I also turned my SG into the 594 in my avatar a couple months back. A tele will rejoin the herd one day, not sure about another SG tho
Nice! I keep trying to talk myself into a 594 thinline instead of the SG. The SG was my dream guitar as a kid and they sound killer, but I prefer the playability of PRS over anything else. I'll won't part with my tele. It's exactly what I could ever want out of a tele.

Nice! I keep trying to talk myself into a 594 thinline instead of the SG. The SG was my dream guitar as a kid and they sound killer, but I prefer the playability of PRS over anything else. I'll won't part with my tele. It's exactly what I could ever want out of a tele.

Selling my old american deluxe tele was one of my biggest mistakes I miss that a lot.

I like my vela for sort of being a freakish mutant baby of a tele, SG, and gretsch haha

I have a good SG. It plays and sounds great. It just sound like rock n roll. One big surprise for me was back in 09 when I bought my Starla. I will put that up against the SG any day. It pulls off some SG tones rather well. I may have to pull both out one day and do a head to head shootout with them.

I have a good SG. It plays and sounds great. It just sound like rock n roll. One big surprise for me was back in 09 when I bought my Starla. I will put that up against the SG any day. It pulls off some SG tones rather well. I may have to pull both out one day and do a head to head shootout with them.
A Starla has been on my hit list for a long time. I can't count how many times I've almost pulled the trigger. Absolutley fantastic guitars.. Shootouts are always cool!

The only thing I'm not the biggest fan of the SG ergonomics. Dig it playing standing up, especially since I have zero neck dive, but sitting isn't for me. Maybe that's the pure rock n roll of it? Meant to rock standing up! :)

A Starla has been on my hit list for a long time. I can't count how many times I've almost pulled the trigger. Absolutley fantastic guitars.. Shootouts are always cool!

The only thing I'm not the biggest fan of the SG ergonomics. Dig it playing standing up, especially since I have zero neck dive, but sitting isn't for me. Maybe that's the pure rock n roll of it? Meant to rock standing up! :)
The SG I have is a kind of special one. I don't remember it having neck dive. However, I don't play it much. I bought it because it is a factory mistake. Then I got a real surprised when I tuned it up and played it. It freaking plays and sound fantastic. The mistake they made on it is they put a Les Paul headstock overlay on the guitar. It isn't a LP model of SG. It is a 2016 Standard T. I have the box it shipped in as well. Everything with it states what it is. I bought it from a salesman at Sam Ash that I used to buy from when he worked there. He told me that the guitar was confusing so he called Gibson about it. They didn't really want to talk about it and told him to ship it back. Instead of shipping it back, he hung it on the rack for sale. The neck is and SG neck. I could tell that by playing a few of the others they received in at the same time. I bought it because he gave me a pretty decent deal on it and it is an oddball. I don't know how many of them they did this to and how many made it out of the factory.

Back