Wavy Guitar Sound

canerakcil

I'm a new SE Torrero owner and i need help about setting it up. When it arrived, the action was a little high for playing fast solos.
I tried to lower the action, but when i set the strings to a level that i can play solos comfortably(
2mm string height on the low E, and 1.8mm on the high E at the last fret) the guitar doesn't produce a straight sound.

I don't know how to explain but for example when i play EM chord with high gain distortion tone(i play metal), the sound waves..It should sound like 'dıııııııııııııııııııııııı' but mine sounds like 'dıııııııııuuuuuuuııııııııuuuuuuuıııuuuu'..

Or when i play a single note on high strings, it waves..

I checked the neck, maybe the neck relief is a bit high(i don't know if that cause a problem like mine.)

How can i set the guitar's action lower without affect the sound?

And as known, the guitar has emg pickups, not set too close to strings.

Sorry, I don't have much for you, but it sounds like there is some slightly out of tune harmonics ringing.

I can't imagine that a string height change would cause that kind of oscillation. My $0.02.

Have you tried playing it in another amp , to see if the oscillation stops ; then you'll know if it's the amp or the guitar

I changed the strings again(daddario EXL .09-.42) and it's still there..I have tried it with pod hd500, line6 spider amp and Boss gt-001 all can reproduce this problem..
It has a floydrose yes, i will try to put a foam on the springs at the back of the guitar but i don't think it will solve the problem..

I want to ask, if the intonation is not right, can that make it warble?
Or if one of the frets is a little high, can cause this?

I want to ask, if the intonation is not right, can that make it warble?
Or if one of the frets is a little high, can cause this?

I believe the intonation might be it. If the intonation is off, you might tune perfectly the open strings but as you move down the fretboard nothing will be in tune thus causing this effect.
If you have tried to tune an acustic guitar by ear and using the harmonics, this is the exact effect used in order to tune the strings with each other.

Try dampening the tremolo springs with a piece of foam. And/or placing a small piece of foam under the pickups which may be vibrating on the height adjustment springs.

What Shawn said.

Have the problem on my Bernard every once in a while. I just press on the neck pup near the edge and it stops it for a while. Same goes for springs on a term equipped guitar.

Failing that then check the intonation as mentioned.

Back