Unexpected NGD

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
My wife and I met an old friend for lunch today. Hit a couple stores near where we ate that we like to hit when we’re in the area. And since we were so close, I decided to pop into my local dealer for a quick walk around. Found a Custom 50 amp and a 1 x 12 PRS cab in their used department, gave that a little thought, but not much. Went back upstairs, and sure enough, they had a couple PRSi that I wanted to try. I wasn’t sure if these would fit anything that I do, but I wanted to give them a shot. And came home with this...

seh1.jpg

SE Hollowbody Standard in Fire Red Burst. I tried an SE Hollowbody II first, and it was pretty good. I even said to my wife, “I think I could live in the middle position, especially with a clean sound.” I liked it. Then I tried this one. Plugged it in, same amp settings, hit one chord...and my wife said, “Whoa...”. Yeah, I thought I heard something a little special, too, but confirmation was nice. She thought it was a little brighter, I thought maybe a little punchier, but whatever it was, it was undeniable. In the end, maybe missing out on that Nebula wasn’t such a bad thing! I wasn’t sure if feedback would be an issue - I know Emil Werstler plays heavy gain on a Hollowbody, but he’s Emil, and I’m...not. But I had to crank the gain pretty high to get it to feedback, and even then, it was more of a controlled feedback, not squealing.

A few more pics...

seh2.jpg

seh4.jpg

seh5.jpg

seh7.jpg

is that a real billy and the boingers bootleg?

don’t like the guitar because not mine, therefore it ‘would not work for what i do.’

It’s a real B&TB poster signed by BB hisself. I used to have a shirt - back when I had a body that would fit in it. I do have the book with the record.

That’s dandy! Did you already have a place marker in your head for a new guitar or did it just work it’s way in? Regardless, as an “in the lap in the living room” guitar, a semihollow is #1 to me. Congrats!

Back