Ugly guitars....

JimmyD

Don't know if this thread is a redo of one in existence. I do know, without going the whole crazed custom route, that there are some guitars wherein one has to wonder what the designer may have been thinking/consuming. In an case, I am not slamming someone's work, per se, but I do want to see some pics of what you think constitutes an ugly guitar, acoustic or electric. Here are some of my picks:
40thanniversaryseagull_iajukc.jpg

vintage-1950s-kay-solo-king-K4102-electric-guitar-01.jpg
3a5a2da648d60a953bd00d8a8d87b557.jpg

82modernekorina2a.jpg

The Ibanez Destroyer was pretty fugly, ................. don't know what made me buy one back in the 80's.o_O
Sold it 2 months later.:p

bUc5HQy.jpg

EVH’s Frankenstein. Hacked, scraped, and gouged to heck, the wiring looks like an entire middle school shop class took a go at it one wire at a time in no particular order. It even has screw in wire hook loops for strap buttons.

USM-PDF105QVSB.jpg

This is my current favorite for sound, playability, weight, etc. I know that it isn't the prettiest--angular and all, but it is akin to being with the semi-good looker that rocks your world.

Yeah, bizarre. Plastic body as well. Just try to buy one at a decent price. Good luck. I guess we can thank Jack White for that.
It was for sale locally on Facebook marketplace, for not a lot of money. Just made me say out loud “you what?!”:eek:

Back