Thinking about unloading the pink core Silver Sky unless I decide to find a different bridge single coil.

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
A hair too much biting TWANG for my tastes... It's easily least favorite bridge pickup in any of my guitars by a long shot...
I just can't get used to it. When it out twangs your Tele by leaps and bounds, it's a little harsh...

Well... that was quick... Raised the HECK out of the bridge... ROCKED but with the right amount of highs!

Pulled the other two pickups up to match the output and BAM!

All the time spitting out "... adjust your pickups and pole pieces..." and I didn't follow my own advice and normal practices!
Jeez.... what an egghead I am!

All three pickups in the Silver Sky are identical in terms of output, and that's the way 50's, 60's and 70's Strats were too.

It can be a challenge.

I have to use the tone control and add a great overdrive pedal.

But then...so does Eric Johnson and Jeff Beck!

All three pickups in the Silver Sky are identical in terms of output, and that's the way 50's, 60's and 70's Strats were too.

It can be a challenge.

I have to use the tone control and add a great overdrive pedal.

But then...so does Eric Johnson and Jeff Beck!
I got enough beef out of the bridge pickup without losing the Strat sizzle on top too much. I like them a little more warm.
I just never wised up and do what I normally do, adjust pickup height (and pole pieces when available). It's flavored up many
a pickup for me for years.

Back