Things I wish PRS would make...

Really and truly?

A guitar made out of something other than wood. There are more stable materials that dont require set ups a couple of times a year.

Reactions: jxe
1) A PRS multi-tool that has everything you need to adjust your PRS on the road without having to dig out those tiny little allen wrenches that they come with now.

2) A Pelican style plastic road/flight case.

3) An S2 bass.

1) A built in trem locking system, self contained within the rear cover.
2) A small thumb screw on the back of the bridge which screws into an indentation in the trem arm so that the trem arm can't rise up from the nylon bushing when being used vigorously.
3) A guitar shaped hard case for improved mobility.

How about a free Private Stock to the most mediocre player who posts clips on the site?

I win.

Gimme the guitar.

2) A small thumb screw on the back of the bridge which screws into an indentation in the trem arm so that the trem arm can't rise up from the nylon bushing when being used vigorously.

This is the one and only thing that I want to change on my guitar! I've noticed that trem arm tightening screw seems to either vibrate loose or just get too loose after a few times of pulling the trem bar out so I can put the guitar in my PRS hard shell case. I always get a little nervous when I have to whip out that tiny hex key and then have to carefully line it up with the hole containing the trem bar tightening screw so I avoid scratching the glossy finish of my guitar!!! That hole seems like it's just a millimeter above the finish so the edge of that hex key comes awful close. To me that is a poor design...

My idea is to change the trem arm tightener screw design so it's an adjustable compression spring-loaded tightening thumb screw. Tightening the screw would compress the spring coil and cause the friction to increase on the trem bar bushing. I'm thinking maybe the spring tension would keep the screw from vibrating loose.

A production/core model singlecut trem with 24 frets. Even an S2 or bolt-on would be nice.

Did we get to the part where everyone’s clamoring for PRS to produce the Les’ Signature Rig yet?

I thought not. :oops:

Same thing I've been asking from PRS for over 15 years now... A 27.7" scale, core baritone electric with bird inlays. Not an SE, not a PS, not a "hybrid", but a US-made core Baritone with high quality pickups, electronics and all the standard finishes that come with the core line of guitars.

Same thing I've been asking from PRS for over 15 years now... A 27.7" scale, core baritone electric with bird inlays. Not an SE, not a PS, not a "hybrid", but a US-made core Baritone with high quality pickups, electronics and all the standard finishes that come with the core line of guitars.

I'm going to guess that the PRS logic for not producing a guitar like that is simple. Not enough audience for it.

“Once in a while we think we can make something really exotic.”

The finding and commissioning of pernambuco in the making of these guitars, was a stroke of genius that did indeed make these “really really special” for me. There’s such an aura about these guitars. I hope a substitute material can be found, and the series resumed.

Reactions: jxe
Back