The unofficial Silver Sky thread

I'm game...I mean as long as practice is after midnight ;)
It’s best practiced after midnight! Accompanied by a wee dram of single malt!
Best “brush up” on you’re etiquette before playing though!!

Oh by the way “I’M BACCCKKKKK!”

A little tune for Sergio, as I descend into the depths of shame, whilst lacking in the “prerequisite PRS ownership”.;):D

It’s best practiced after midnight! Accompanied by a wee dram of single malt!
Best “brush up” on you’re etiquette before playing though!!

Oh by the way “I’M BACCCKKKKK!”

A little tune for Sergio, as I descend into the depths of shame, whilst lacking in the “prerequisite PRS ownership”.;):D

I smell smoke! :p:D

I did read over on ye olde Gear Page that someone who recently took a factory tour saw a bunch of them on the line nearing completion, so that's exciting.

This would totally coincide with the rumored March announcement. I've been contemplating a strat-ish guitar to bang around on. I'm more of a modern music guy but I do love Gilmore and SRV. Price will be key, though. Also, if they come out with a block neck heel, I feel it will be a lost opportunity. The main thing that has prevented me from getting a regular American Pro strat is the block heel. Contoured heel would give it an edge if they are shooting for that American Pro price point. The disappointing thing so far is the traditional strat controls. Volume pot placement on strats has always been abysmal. Yeah, you get used to it, but its hard not to hit by accident. Also, who is still using both tone controls these days? I hardly know anyone who touches tone controls anymore, except on maybe a LP neck humbucker.

This would totally coincide with the rumored March announcement. I've been contemplating a strat-ish guitar to bang around on. I'm more of a modern music guy but I do love Gilmore and SRV. Price will be key, though. Also, if they come out with a block neck heel, I feel it will be a lost opportunity. The main thing that has prevented me from getting a regular American Pro strat is the block heel. Contoured heel would give it an edge if they are shooting for that American Pro price point. The disappointing thing so far is the traditional strat controls. Volume pot placement on strats has always been abysmal. Yeah, you get used to it, but its hard not to hit by accident. Also, who is still using both tone controls these days? I hardly know anyone who touches tone controls anymore, except on maybe a LP neck humbucker.

Should be interesting to see the price point, I'd say that if it's a rosewood board and has a contoured heel, it will likely go just north of a grand ($1200-$1500 maybe?).

Funny how different people's preferences can be. Maybe it's because I learned on Strats, but I love the volume pot location. So easy for swells or quick adjustments. I'm not sure I would buy a "Strat" without two tone controls. I always wire mine so one is for neck/middle and the other is for the bridge. This way I can keep the neck tone nice and open and at the same time tame the top end of the bridge pickup.

I'm going to assume the heel will be like the DC3, NF3, and Brent Mason, which is pretty comfy.

March was when the reclaimed series was announced last year.

Honestly, I made up the Experience announcement thing way back when.

If I had to venture a guess, assuming it's all Core, I'd guess right around Brent Mason territory.

I'm going to assume the heel will be like the DC3, NF3, and Brent Mason, which is pretty comfy.

I wouldn't assume that, mostly because some of these strat players are insistent that the block heel contributes to tone. This is why most custom shop Fenders and Charvels are still being made with the block. If Mayer is one of those dudes, then its going to have a block heel. It's silly what some people think contributes to a guitars sound. Same thing with pressed saddles. That is another thing I consider BS as well. Yeah, good reason to irritate and cut the crap out of your hand. If I bought this, I'd definitely tape my hand where it hits the bridge.

Back