The next Klon

Crap. Maybe Bodia will let me check his out.
Hummm…..Bodia sold his when he got the Kemper Stage. Dumb move. Cool, small company in the Czech Republic, I believe. Great communication and quick shipping. For the price, you need to check it out. I need to order another one.

Speaking of Klons...

I just got back from Chicago, where I had the extreme pleasure of seeing my close relations perform in COOL STUFF!

Saw my granddaughter in a killer Lyric Opera production of 'Fiddler on the Roof' that was directed by a Berlin opera director and it was amazing - four star review in the Chicago Tribune -

But I also saw my son perform with his friends The Academy Is at Riot Fest. Even though Nine Inch Nails was on at the same time, The Academy Is still drew a crowd of 20,000 people, but let's not do another dad-brag because I'm going over all that in another thread, and get down to pedals:

Jamie played through birthday presents I got him: Pettyjohn Pettydrive 2, Klon KTR, H9 and a Chase Bliss Mood (he knew I'd like that he used that stuff!), and a '66 Deluxe (vintage, I didn't buy that). He used the Pettydrive as a clean boost and the Klon as an overdrive. Sounded KILLER, he had a ball, I had a ball watching, Whoever posted this chose a slow song which...no, most of them were fast and more punk. But the lead was nice.

Last edited:
Well, you need something not produced in large numbers to obtain that type of situation. Then a few huge name players to be all in to make the masses want it bad enough that it gets cloned by everyone.

It is so cool you need gloves to touch it to prevent frost bite. Seriously, it is a fantastic pedal. Everything DryBell makes is great.
I've thought seriously about getting their vibe pedal. The demos are fantastic. But I like the demos of that Unit 67, too.

I have a Pettyjohn preamp/buffer/boost on my board that makes everything sound better. It's always-on. So a similar concept. Also have a Suhr compressor that sounds great. However, if I didn't have these pedals, I'd be on that Unit 67 like white on rice.

I've thought seriously about getting their vibe pedal. The demos are fantastic. But I like the demos of that Unit 67, too.

I have a Pettyjohn preamp/buffer/boost on my board that makes everything sound better. It's always-on. So a similar concept. Also have a Suhr compressor that sounds great. However, if I didn't have these pedals, I'd be on that Unit 67 like white on rice.
I have their vibe pedal...another winner IMO.

I doubt an amp will ever get into "cult status" like a Klon pedal BUT stranger things have happened. :)
;)
uhhh 1 word D-U-M-B-L-E

In all honesty I have played a few klon pedals in my day and it was never really a pedal I bonded with. As far as a piece of gear that really surpassed my expectations was probably the El Capistan. I absolutely love the tone of this pedal and regardless of what amp I put it with it always shines

uhhh 1 word D-U-M-B-L-E

In all honesty I have played a few klon pedals in my day and it was never really a pedal I bonded with. As far as a piece of gear that really surpassed my expectations was probably the El Capistan. I absolutely love the tone of this pedal and regardless of what amp I put it with it always shines
Back when Klons were new, I was playing Mesas and Two-Rocks, and passed on the opportunities to buy a new one. I felt they were more for vintage Fender style amps, Plexis, etc.

Now that I play a few vintage-style amps, I regret not buying one when I had the chance to get a new one for $250 or whatever they were selling for then.

Fortunately, I've found the Pettyjohn overdrives to be equally good, if different, so I'm covered. But I can still kick myself just for the sheer....um...joy of self-flagellation. ;)

uhhh 1 word D-U-M-B-L-E

I actually scrolled through all the replies to see if anybody had already made this comment before I posted. I've been kind of jonesin' for a Amplified Nation Overdrive Reverb. Heard a demo the other day and it was just glorious sounding.

You should order one. Won't be disappointed. If you do, and you don't love it, I'll buy it for you for whatever it costs.
I may consider it. I don’t have a compressor of any sort which is why it intrigues me. Yet, I probably have enough boosts. So I’m torn.

Back