The daily earworm...

Oh yes, I remember in the mid eighties borrowing the double cassette from a friend, it got played over and over, Richard Burton as the narrator, what an infectious voice!
I commandeered my brothers double vinyl album while he was away with the Navy. Once it was out on CD I bought it up real fast. I have it as a MP3 file now. There are several live shows on YouTube, one of which I have downloaded to my devices.

I commandeered my brothers double vinyl album while he was away with the Navy. Once it was out on CD I bought it up real fast. I have it as a MP3 file now. There are several live shows on YouTube, one of which I have downloaded to my devices.
A former band member, now works as a pro musician. His venue had David Essex play a gig just before Christmas, DE also has a unique voice.

The memory of WOTW was being very ill, with a temperature and listening to it over and over on my Walkman! Haha, weird the things you remember!!

Thanks guys for taking me on a wee journey into my past, I tend not to dwell too much, don’t want to become too reminiscent before my time!! Next thing you now, I’ll be sitting in the decking, shouting at the neighbours and complaining about the youth of today :confused::eek:

A former band member, now works as a pro musician. His venue had David Essex play a gig just before Christmas, DE also has a unique voice.

The memory of WOTW was being very ill, with a temperature and listening to it over and over on my Walkman! Haha, weird the things you remember!!

Thanks guys for taking me on a wee journey into my past, I tend not to dwell too much, don’t want to become too reminiscent before my time!! Next thing you now, I’ll be sitting in the decking, shouting at the neighbours and complaining about the youth of today :confused::eek:
Yeah, its kinda like comfort food. When nothing else satisfies, that music will. As for reminiscing my youth, I'm still a gawky 18 year old in my head, its only my body that's 50. :D:cool:

Yeah, its kinda like comfort food. When nothing else satisfies, that music will. As for reminiscing my youth, I'm still a gawky 18 year old in my head, its only my body that's 50. :D:cool:
Yeah me too, until I catch a reflection of a scowling, middle-aged, I don’t know what, in the mirror:confused:

But hey, we were cool once! Well that’s what I tell the kids anyway:D

Epiphany mode:

I've always appreciated this track. Recent life experiences coupled with this tune blasted through good cans did something to me, though. I'd somehow never grasped the sheer brilliance of the rhythm parts til now, and I merely stand in awe. Gunna leave this on repeat for about a month.

Epiphany mode:

I've always appreciated this track. Recent life experiences coupled with this tune blasted through good cans did something to me, though. I'd somehow never grasped the sheer brilliance of the rhythm parts til now, and I merely stand in awe. Gunna leave this on repeat for about a month.

Check out this little clip about the recording of Gimme Shelter, with Merry Clayton.

Check out this little clip about the recording of Gimme Shelter, with Merry Clayton.
Couldn’t watch this one, but interesting videos on YouTube that details this.

I love the “whoop” in the background as she sings. You can hear on the end recording that they double tracked her vocals. I love how her voice breaks up!

Couldn’t watch this one, but interesting videos on YouTube that details this.

I love the “whoop” in the background as she sings. You can hear on the end recording that they double tracked her vocals. I love how her voice breaks up!

HOLY SH!T!!! I have listened to this a gazillion times...but every time I hear this goddess' pipes getting stretched it absolutely blows me away!!! I literally get chill bumps and a tear in my eye!!! The conviction that she conveys is F@#ING AMAZING!!!!! Knowing the back story now just makes it even more special! Thanks for sharing this Shawn!

Back