The daily earworm...

What song is firmly stuck in your head today? Is it welcome, or torture?

I've been revisiting some classic Dream Theater selections lately, and Under a Glass Moon is just parked right now as a result. Those rhythm parts hurt so good.

Love this song. I'll be seeing it live in 3 weeks!

As for the song stuck in my head today:

I have been taking melodies of pieces I like -- many of them television show themes (Westworld, Westerosworld, Daredevil) and synth pieces (Klaus Schulze, Vangelis) -- and using them for practice. So I've got sort of a weird medley stuck in my head.

The solo section in Computer Blue by Printz. I just woke up with it one day last week and it won't go away.

Since yesterday...then heard it this morning on my way to my guitar lesson.

It's tragic here.....I can't get Hmmm...Bop outta my mind. I've always hated that song!

...There is only one way to stop that unholy racket spawned by Satan himself! Sorry man but one way is HEAVY electroshock therapy...Unfortunately, the ONLY way to permanently remove this demon seed in your ear hole is...brace yourself, a partial lobotomy be strong bro...it's gonna be okay, great news is you'll have all the crayons you can eat after the procedure...

Last edited:
Listen at your own risk...As some of you know, I don't sleep a lot. Tonight I was worn out and thinking cool, maybe I can sleep tonight...So, I grabbed my tablet to listen to some tunes and as I was drifting off to sleep suddenly...I go from listening to Explosions In The Sky, to this playing! It's now it's like 3:20, I'm wide frigging awake and I have this stuck
in my head!!! Somebody, anybody make it stop!!!

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! I love Dio! I saw him in I think it was,1985 ? "Holy Diver" he had an amazing set of pipes and Tommy Iommi...forget about it!

RIP
RJD

Found this set list for the last time I saw him. They played a free outdoor show in downtown Austin during the Old Pecan St Festival, and it was epic -- traffic was all blocked off and they placed a stage between 6th and 7th streets. One of the deputy sheriffs working the event suffered a minor heart attack during the show. When word reached the stage, RJD stopped everything and quickly got instructions over the PA to move people as necessary and unite the officer and the arriving ambulance. That drew huge cheers from everyone including the cops and EMTs. He took a quick drink, thanked everyone, and they started the tune over. He was as cool as they come.

That's a great story...I always heard he was a class act no doubt! Thanks flux, I think this stupid song is out of my ear finally! I owe ya one man!

That's a great story...I always heard he was a class act no doubt! Thanks flux, I think this stupid song is out of my ear finally! I owe ya one man!

If you haven't seen it, you should see some of the stuff Lzzy Hale says about RJD. She said he not only helped her, he taught her how to treat fans because "without them, we've got nothing" (or words to that effect).

No actually I haven't! I gotta find it...I saw the last 5 minutes of an interview, just before he passed...everything I ever heard about the man was flattering, well except for some 80s documentary about how evil rock-n-roll was evil...and that RJD was a devil worshiper or some propaganda garbage! Yes, I had a strict southern up bringing, that included a bit of strategic, brain washing...forget a bout it! Thanks Alan for the heads up! Good lookin out man!

Back