Single pickup PRS

Ce1Ce2Ce3

I know they are a few American made PRS single pups. Either employee, or private stock I am assuming it special order. Will Jack or Paul ever consider making a 500 run or 250 run. Can have Floyd or no Floyd. I know that Davey Knowles has the Gold single, Ben I think is his name from a breaking Benjamin had one or two. Then the red one made for EVH and the sunburst one made for EVH. Then I know of a green Floyd from the private shop and I think also there are 3 more EVH-focused PRS guitars from 1986. Two blue and one red. And then I saw a photo of a gentleman I think named wedge. He had a pink prs that look like idk a private stock…more details please. Just dying for a single pickup dc prs custom 22 or 24 or even swamp ash or mahogany or basswood, heck man alder at this point. 25.5” scale I’ll take a 24.75” or 25”, fiddleback neck. I think Paul would do decent on this. I would love a hidden neck pickup like Brad paisley has on a single but I would honestly just put in a varitone and add coil splitting for the bridge and mimic the neck. Let the photos fly if you have any please.

I know th I would love a hidden neck pickup like Brad paisley has on a single but I would honestly just put in a varitone and add coil splitting for the bridge and mimic the neck. Let the photos fly if you have any please.
Are you referring to the Duncan Secret Agent pickup for the Esquire guitar? I have one. It fits under the pickguard of an Esquire so an Esquire can have a neck pickup without altering the look. It's pretty good! Not as good as a real neck pickup but it's pretty good.

You could easily do that with one of the models that have a pickguard. Easy to reverse as well.
Problem is all of my current PRSi are violin carve. I’m not a big fan of the flat top. Shoot I’d also take a sorcerers apprentice with 27 frets, shave the frets down and narrow like the old fretless wonders from Gibson. I do have an early 2000s standard that don’t get played. Debated on getting wood and filling the neck hole with a block sealing it up good and sending off to JGP custom guitars to get painted. That way I’d have a single pickup lol. Standards just sitting in the case last 7 years and anytime I try to trade or sale it’s always low balling. Cause people want the flame top I assume. I dig the opaque ones too.

Are you referring to the Duncan Secret Agent pickup for the Esquire guitar? I have one. It fits under the pickguard of an Esquire so an Esquire can have a neck pickup without altering the look. It's pretty good! Not as good as a real neck pickup but it's pretty good.
Yes sir, same idea, sorta why I debated on the varitone sorta emulate the neck pickup problem more of a woman tone but still.

Maybe look for a used SE Silver Sky, rout it for a bridge humbucker or whatever you want for a bridge pickup, and buy a new pickguard. The vibrato/tremolo works beautifully on that guitar.
Not a silver sky fan. Not that my opinion matters I just can’t get over the inverted headstock. To me it throws it off. The silver sky just don’t do it for me.

I’ve seen people fill in the neck pickup (some good and some not so good)

Here’s a Singlecut that someone did. With enough time, money and patience anything is possible.

7QTSLEp.jpg

C3UrHCa.jpg

I’ve seen people fill in the neck pickup (some good and some not so good)

Here’s a Singlecut that someone did. With enough time, money and patience anything is possible.

7QTSLEp.jpg

C3UrHCa.jpg
Yes I was going to cnc it out. Just measure it with a dial indicator get multiple points and throw it in cad. Draw it up and then run it on the cnc. Use titebond let it cure let the paint guys do the rest.

They also did well with the knobs. I want to go wood there as well I can’t tell if that is wood and then filled or just filler in the tone controls.

Not a silver sky fan. Not that my opinion matters I just can’t get over the inverted headstock. To me it throws it off. The silver sky just don’t do it for me.
A lot of people feel that way. I felt that way...until I tried one. Then I bought one. Now I have two.

There's a reason for the inverted headstock. The bottom of it flares out in very much the same shape as the headstock of the S-style guitar that inspired it, so it feels the same if that's what you're used too.

Last edited:
I heard my name...here is mine. I consider it like a woman you’d meet at 150 am after last call. Hot from a couple yards away, warts up close, but really fun to play with :oops:

It is an early Classic Electric that I stripped and body filled the extra stuff I didn’t want. Original 1 piece bridge, OG Dragon pickup, and a lot of period correct 80’s attitude. Lately it has been a wall hanger but looks really cool up there.

I heard my name...here is mine. I consider it like a woman you’d meet at 150 am after last call. Hot from a couple yards away, warts up close, but really fun to play with :oops:

It is an early Classic Electric that I stripped and body filled the extra stuff I didn’t want. Original 1 piece bridge, OG Dragon pickup, and a lot of period correct 80’s attitude. Lately it has been a wall hanger but looks really cool up there.

This is awesome! Congrats!

Back