SE Zach Myers, Refurb???

JRS

A dealer in the Mid-West is sellind Zach Myers for $495. I asked if these were refurbs after being told they were only marked used as they were bought from another dealer, so no warranty. They have quite a few. Any thoughts. Thank you.

I bought my (first) 594 from them used and was delighted with the guitar and the deal. I believe it was sent around the country for clinics and it was really hard to see that it had been played much, if at all.

A dealer in the Mid-West is sellind Zach Myers for $495. I asked if these were refurbs after being told they were only marked used as they were bought from another dealer, so no warranty. They have quite a few. Any thoughts. Thank you.
If the vendor is Dave’s Guitar in LaCrosse, WI, I would say go for it. I purchased a trampas green semi hollow Zach Meyers from them several months back and LOVE it. It looks brand new, was set-up well, and shipped quickly. In fact I was so happy with Dave’s that I purchased another guitar a few months later.

If the vendor is Dave’s Guitar in LaCrosse, WI, I would say go for it. I purchased a trampas green semi hollow Zach Meyers from them several months back and LOVE it. It looks brand new, was set-up well, and shipped quickly. In fact I was so happy with Dave’s that I purchased another guitar a few months later.

Any indication that it is a refurb or second? They seem to have many. I was trying to have them look for a lighter one, this on is 7.2 pounds. The top is beautiful. I was told of the ones pulled out of boxes the tops were not great (this is the Tampass Green).

PRS, in general, does not "refurb" or offer B-stock. I don't think any of their reputable dealers do it either, normally.

Dave's does this type of offer all the time - they buy New Old Stock from other dealers (or perhaps from PRS), and can sell below MAP because they are more than two years old (or something).

If you like the look of the guitar, go for it!

PRS, in general, does not "refurb" or offer B-stock. I don't think any of their reputable dealers do it either, normally.

Dave's does this type of offer all the time - they buy New Old Stock from other dealers (or perhaps from PRS), and can sell below MAP because they are more than two years old (or something).

If you like the look of the guitar, go for it!

Thank you.

Any indication that it is a refurb or second? They seem to have many. I was trying to have them look for a lighter one, this on is 7.2 pounds. The top is beautiful. I was told of the ones pulled out of boxes the tops were not great (this is the Tampass Green).

I doubt that it is a refurb - mine was manufactured in 2016. It's a trampass green and weighs 6.5 pounds. When I ordered, I asked them to find the lightest one and they were very accomodating. I believe the ones for sale on their website are 2017 models. Look for one that says EC - excellent condition. They also give you a 2-day window to return it if you're not happy. Shipping is reasonable too.

I doubt that it is a refurb - mine was manufactured in 2016. It's a trampass green and weighs 6.5 pounds. When I ordered, I asked them to find the lightest one and they were very accomodating. I believe the ones for sale on their website are 2017 models. Look for one that says EC - excellent condition. They also give you a 2-day window to return it if you're not happy. Shipping is reasonable too.

Thet have 2016 and 2017. The 1 I am bringing in is a ,16, weighs 7.2. I would love it even lighter. I will know next week. They opened a few boxes but I was told the tops were not as nice as the 1 I had put aside.

Thet have 2016 and 2017. The 1 I am bringing in is a ,16, weighs 7.2. I would love it even lighter. I will know next week. They opened a few boxes but I was told the tops were not as nice as the 1 I had put aside.
Good luck! I'll bet when you get it, you won't want to put it down:) If you're ever near La Crosse, stop in at Dave's - you'll be amazed!

Reactions: JRS
Good luck! I'll bet when you get it, you won't want to put it down:) If you're ever near La Crosse, stop in at Dave's - you'll be amazed!
Thanks, I was thinking they must be big, like the good old brick and mortar.

Thanks, I was thinking they must be big, like the good old brick and mortar.
It's huge! And, they recently made it even bigger adding a new drum wing!

As for the Zach, the others are right, it won't be a refurb. For example, I bought a NOS DGT a couple of years ago. I was suspicious of the price, and the no warranty if it was new. I called the shop and got the low down. They had acquired it from a shop that was closing. It had never been sold, but they weren't the original purchasing dealer, so no warranty. That guitar was in PERFECT shape when I got it.

Enjoy the Zach! You're gonna love it!

I actually saw your post on another less frequented forum so thought i'd copy and paste here.

If it's Dave's Guitar Shop. They had a lot of Zach Myers. About 4 on sale at a time in both burst and green. When one was sold another took it's place. I bought one for my birthday and am very happy with it. Only slight niggle might be that the veneer though bookmatched looks duller on one side. The dull sides flame pattern comes out when you look at the guitar from playing position.

Mine came properly set up but detuned with fresh d'addario strings. Plays great, sounds great. I was looking for a light guitar for my back and shoulder pain, most Zach Myers are still over 7lbs and my lightest solid body was about 7.5lbs. Took a gamble since I heard good things about PRS and always wanted to try one. Mine weighs in at 6.5 lbs. Stays in tune fine, though I will probably change the strings. PRS spec 9's but this is shorter scale than a Gibson and needs 10's.

My most comfortable guitar.

BTW. Some people will turn down a guitar for something like the flaming not being almost perfectly mirrored on both sides. Seen a post where someone didn't notice till they got home and despite being a great player returned it. (Made me wonder if it was the one I bought lol)

Anyway, Dave's sells them all the time for that price and has decent photos.

PRS_A%5b1%5d.jpg
PRS_B(1).jpg
PRS_D(1).jpg
PRS_E(1).jpg

Here it is at home with a 2.5" Banjo strap and cosmetic mods, basically a PRS trussrod cover and vintage style gold reflector knobs.

DSC_2479b_S.jpg

Funny thing about Trampas Green is that it changes darkness value depending on viewing distance, angle and lighting. Something that some people don't like if they didn't see it up close in person but only in point of sale photos. It tends to wards a more denim kind of shade most of the time. Mine is about 10% darker and 5% more brightly saturated than in my photo when displayed on my monitor.

Anyway, super happy with it :)

Last edited:
Back