Paul'sRolex

Hi Guys,
This is my first post. I have four SE models now and was looking at a few of the new ones. I have the SE Zach Myers in Myers Blue. When I'm looking at a number of other SE's (Paul's Guitar, the Custom 24-08, and others) I see turquoise as a color option. In the official pictures and lots of YouTube videos the turquoise looks very very close to Myers Blue. The PRS YouTube video of it (I think it was an SE 24-08?) though shows it having significantly more of an almost seafoam green hue to it than the Myers Blue. Just was wondering if anyone happens to have a picture of both guitar colors next to each other or just any other real-life pictures of the turquoise. If it looks the same as the Myers Blue, I'll go with a different color, but am hoping it is more of a greenish-blue in real life so it looks different next to my Zach Myers.
Thanks so much.

Can't help you with the colors, but welcome! You'll need to make a few more posts, but the obligatory "show us yer guitars"...

pics.gif

Depends on the myers blue, but I’ve owned those that you ask about at different points. I believe the newer versions of the ZM (since 24.594 scale) are deeper blue than the original introduction that was lighter. I would say that both look different than PRS aqua/turquoise color way.

Depends on the myers blue, but I’ve owned those that you ask about at different points. I believe the newer versions of the ZM (since 24.594 scale) are deeper blue than the original introduction that was lighter. I would say that both look different than PRS aqua/turquoise color way.
When I purchased my ZM from Sweetwater(10/23) they actually has two listings; one in the deeper blue and one in the light blue/teal. They're back to light blue/teal only.

One thing I will say about PRS transparent colors... they vary wildly within the same "color name". Matteo Blue, Whale Blue, Trampas Green - look at those and you'll see huge variations within each. I'd say you have to see the actual guitar to decide what color it is, and if it's what you're looking for.

For example, these are all Matteo Blue:
WDKHJkY.jpg

IKGYeyG.jpg

EKi8SZL.jpg

Back