SE MCCARTY 594 - Volume nobs

Parallaxus

I've got a new SE MCCARTY 594 and I'm confused about the 2 Volume nobs.

Am I correct that with the pickup selector in the middle position, I should be able to independently adjust the volume of each pickups via each volume nob?

On mine, it seems that when either nob it reduced to zero, both pickups go silent. It's almost like the two volume nobs are linked.

It my guitar defective or am I just misunderstanding how it works?
Sorry, for my ignorance but this is my first electric guitar lol

Quick follow up question.

It seems that I only get noticeable volume change on the last quarter of my volume nobs.
From 10 down to 4 is a barely perceptible volume change.
It's almost more like a volume switch than a gradual decrease.

Is this by design as well?

Quick follow up question.

It seems that I only get noticeable volume change on the last quarter of my volume nobs.
From 10 down to 4 is a barely perceptible volume change.
It's almost more like a volume switch than a gradual decrease.

Is this by design as well?
Not completely “by design”. However there are different wiring styles that can make the volume pot react differently (Gibson 50s’ vs Modern). Volume tapers can vary from pot to pot, and even sometimes by pot value and manufacturer. In the end, what you’re experiencing is not really out of the norm.

Not completely “by design”. However there are different wiring styles that can make the volume pot react differently (Gibson 50s’ vs Modern). Volume tapers can vary from pot to pot, and even sometimes by pot value and manufacturer. In the end, what you’re experiencing is not really out of the norm.
Thanks very much for the confirmation!

Back