Saw Keith Urban tonight

It's good to see a real player can make it as a longterm star in modern country music. Good to know about the Mira too, that kicks ass!

Keith IS a great player. I've seen him many times here. In some of the clubs they would mix in Yes tunes to his tunes! Crazy talented guys in the band. Also seen him do a killer version of The Devil went down to Georgia. He nailed the fiddle parts on gtr!!

Keith IS a great player. I've seen him many times here. In some of the clubs they would mix in Yes tunes to his tunes! Crazy talented guys in the band. Also seen him do a killer version of The Devil went down to Georgia. He nailed the fiddle parts on gtr!!

Chris:
Seeing that this concert was in Indiana, he brought Larry Crane from the original Mellancamp band on stage. They killed the Authority Song! :rock:

Way cool about Keith playing a Mira. He seems to enjoy LP Jrs, so I guess it's not much of a stretch that he'd get some mileage out of the Mira platform. Thanks for posting the photo.

Keith and his 25th anniversary Mira

Saw Keith Urban last night at MSG and he is one superb player! And I was so pleased to see him using the 25th anniversary Mira with P90's for around 20 minutes. I own one of these and have not ever seen one in use before except by me and always felt it was a sleeping gem. Great neck, great feel, flawless intonation, good touch and feel but I do feel the P90's are sounding a lot brighter than on my older P90 guitars line Les Paul junior. Considering swapping them for something else like maybe Lollars - anybody have a suggestion? Want a fat and warm sound.

I was jonesing for one of those in the worst way for the last year or so, but just couldn't find one at a good time for me to buy. A few weeks ago I ran across a used Epiphone DC LP w/P90's, all hog in cherry red, made in the early 90's. Super cool axe, fairly rare too, has quenched the GAS for now, but I still wouldn't mind grabbing a 25th Mira down the road. The neck on the Epi is just a bit weak, to where too much push or pull when playing throws it ever so slightly off tune. Never had a P90 guitar before, but they are a sweet pickup when a little gain is added.

Congrats. I've never seen him live but I'd love to if I ever get the chance. (Likewise for Brad Paisley, who I usually think of with Keith for whatever reason... Because they're both country guys I suppose.) Both serious players and MAJOR gearheads, which is cool in my book.

Goldtop Lloyd

Back