Santana pic of the day

Keep it going! More than one pic I know but... Santana Narrowfield Proto:

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DUDE. I need me some Santana. Anyone feel one way or the other about Santana vs. Ted 245s?

No Teds for me at the moment. I would however be very interested in a DC-22 if PRS decides to do a run and if they do an 11.5" fretboard radius, I'll buy one for sure. For me the whole package of the Santana delivers what I am looking for and the Teds are very different beasts to me.

Ugh.. in the midst of uploading pics and typing I see that Peter has posted already today... but I'm gonna go anyway.

Here's my KL33. If my '93 CE that I purchased new is like my right arm, then this surely has to be my left.

I haven't been able to put this guitar down for the two years I have had it (except once for a week during my "Just Maintain" thread period) and it's getting worked ! This guitar is all about the tone. Like a Flying V or an Explorer with a wanger.

It's from the 2008 limited run of 100, all Korina, ebony knobbed wings, limited edition 1980 spec MannMade un-plated trem, no tone knob, kill switch, and a wonky set of pick up rings for the Lace Silver and Mira treble. It's (accidentally) wired for an out-of-phase middle position that cuts heads off when played with distortion. This is the guitar I use for lead playing and projects where I want to tone-down the PRS factor and roll undercover.

Yeah, it looks haggard. It's supposed to. I've always wanted a pre-factory guitar like Paul used to make himself but can't afford one or what it would cost to get one done by Private Stock, so I had to DIY one. Instead of my usual Bourgeois on a Budget routine I'm Slummin' with a Silver Spoon here. All wear is honest and real and not intentionally relic-ed.

Only one "action shot, a still taken from a fuzzy video. No idea how I got so fat and bald.

Mojo at its best
great shots Serge

...the best guitar PRS makes IMO. Paul got a lot right the first time.

I share that sentiment. I feel as the designs continue to evolve they move farther (further?) away from what I'm personally into.

I am really happy more and more people are being drawn to the new PRS guitars though.. Keeps 'em in business and allows for some amazing PS and one-off Santana/West St. shaped guitars to be continued to be built.

Back