Rediscovering NF3 love

Looks great, reminds me a bit of the Brent Mason signature PRS! Would love to try one someday!
Don’t try, just buy! If you see one at a reasonable price, grab it. I don’t really know what reasonable is anymore though. I’m curious how it would do sales wise now. If the NF53, MK and Studio with NF sell, maybe we see a reboot. Hopefully it wouldn’t come with any “cost reduction mods”. It’s stellar as it was originally made!

I got my NF3 brand new back in 2017. It had been sitting at the shop for over 5 years and not a single person even gave it a chance. I fell in love with it the first time I plugged it in. Obviously, it is a Core caliber PRS and it is built and plays like one, but man, those narrowfields just rip.

I have a 305 and had a DC3 (it's relatives that came out at the same time), but the NF3 will always be my favorite and a keeper.

Agreed that it was a guitar/pickup ahead of its time. I remember PRS being super excited about the narrowfields. They had a model built around them in the NF3, but also put them in the SAS, Modern Eagle (ME3), Studio and McCarty. I fully admit that I really didn't "get it" at the time either.

All said, I am happy the NF3 (and the old narrowfield equipped guitars) is getting the attention and love it deserved over a decade ago.

Don’t try, just buy! If you see one at a reasonable price, grab it. I don’t really know what reasonable is anymore though. I’m curious how it would do sales wise now. If the NF53, MK and Studio with NF sell, maybe we see a reboot. Hopefully it wouldn’t come with any “cost reduction mods”. It’s stellar as it was originally made!
Well, I just ordered a Custom 24 10-top in McCarty Sunburst that will come in august. I'll first need to do some savings haha!

Back