Received my Starla Pickups today.. so tommorrow

Ke3ee

I will be installing them in my SCT IRW... I'm hoping for the IRW neck to tame the Starlas, but stil have that incredible clean chime.

If I love them I will have some 57/08's to put on the block.

Starla pickups in my SCT IRW. First impressions are chimey.... very resonant and ultra clear.

001-3.jpg

Do you find the rosewood neck and Starlas to be a good fit? I assumed the darkness of the neck and brightness of the pups would find a very sweet spot when dialed in through the amp.

I've only had about 10 minutes to play, but in that time playing clean and remembering how the factory installed Starla's sounded in the CU22 I owned, the combo of the IRW neck & Trem with updated hardware tame the Starla's just enough. In the CU22 they were a bit brittle, in my SCT they sound much smoother but still bright and clear. Sustain is great. Back off the tone a bit and the neck is very distinct but bluesy. I am a happy Camper.

I just cant keep this inside....Played for about an hour.. clean , dirty, bluesy... and the combo of the normal Mah body maple cap. IRW neck and trem togther with the Starla Pickups made a really good guitar a really great guitar. What ever Mojo PRS put in the Starlas everyone should try a set.

:p :D

I put Starla pups in my Mira - it sounds incredible!

We are just finishing recording an album, and our producer thinks it's my best sounding electric. I'm not sure about that - all my guitars sound great now. Different but great.

Back