Quatro neck binding...

Shultzie

I know this is totally from left field, yet does anyone know if the 'natural' binding on a MEQ neck can be changed or /stained to another color. Would any such task be a PTC nightmare?

I was daydreaming at lunch and this thought jumped into my head - I told you it was from left field.

Thanks for any input - BTW, what is the natural binding again, some sort of fibrous material, right?

Just wait for the next day dream...

Shultzie

I know this is totally from left field, yet does anyone know if the 'natural' binding on a MEQ neck can be changed or /stained to another color. Would any such task be a PTC nightmare?

I was daydreaming at lunch and this thought jumped into my head - I told you it was from left field.

Thanks for any input - BTW, what is the natural binding again, some sort of fibrous material, right?

Just wait for the next day dream...

Shultzie

Bump...

Yeah, forget about the fibrous, I know it's ivoroid. (whatever that really is...)

Anyway, here's the left field part again. - I got a steal at the experience on a ME Q Faded Blue burst 'wrap'.

I love the axe, but blue wrap (no faux maple binding) kinda looks weird with the ivoroid neck binding.

So here's where your opinions come in, would you - one, refinish the maple faux binding to natural, - or two, somehow change the ivoriod neck binding to match the 'wrap', or the fretboard IRW, or three - stop being stupid and appreciate a great axe at a great price.

Shultzie

Three ... clearly ...

Shawn can give you the details ... But it would probably be cheaper to replace the whole fretboard.

And what's wrong with it???

quatrofrets007.jpg

Back