Pulled the Trigger on Hollowbody ii Piezo

Congrats! I picked up an SE Hollowbody I a couple years back in a trade, and I like it so much I've kept it despite having an HBII Singlecut and a 594 Hollowbody II. I agree these guitars definitely bring something else to the table; I've been thinking lately it has something to do with the laminate construction, but who knows... I do know I like it!!

Congrats! I picked up an SE Hollowbody I a couple years back in a trade, and I like it so much I've kept it despite having an HBII Singlecut and a 594 Hollowbody II. I agree these guitars definitely bring something else to the table; I've been thinking lately it has something to do with the laminate construction, but who knows... I do know I like it!!
Agreed Jimi. They play so differently. Bought that one used, 899.00 at GC and got a deal I think. Cant wait to try both sets of pup at the same time and see if I can blend the tone to something really different.

Congrats!!! I love mine to the point it gets the most playing time. It already got 30 minutes of play time this morning! :D

Got mine just a few weeks ago and absolutely adore it. Haven't picked up my other guitars since. I love the weight, I love the pickups (even love how it sounds when the vol. is dialed down to 5, almost single coil-ish) and it's the most beautiful thing I own. The binding. The inlays! If I could change one thing, I would give it a satin neck. But, that's it.

Got mine just a few weeks ago and absolutely adore it. Haven't picked up my other guitars since. I love the weight, I love the pickups (even love how it sounds when the vol. is dialed down to 5, almost single coil-ish) and it's the most beautiful thing I own. The binding. The inlays! If I could change one thing, I would give it a satin neck. But, that's it.
Easy enough to satinize yourself with mesh pads or a scotch brite. I've done it to several of my guitars and couldn't be happier.

Easy enough to satinize yourself with mesh pads or a scotch brite. I've done it to several of my guitars and couldn't be happier.
I'm not quite ready risk fucking up the finish of the brand new and most expensive guitar I own.

I've seen videos, but being that I don't have a garage and haven't touched sandpaper since my high school shop class, I'd have to bring it in to a professional to guarantee a good consistent finish that looks natural and blends into the original in a pleasing way.

I'm not quite ready risk fucking up the finish of the brand new and most expensive guitar I own.

I've seen videos, but being that I don't have a garage and haven't touched sandpaper since my high school shop class, I'd have to bring it in to a professional to guarantee a good consistent finish that looks natural and blends into the original in a pleasing way.
I get not wanting to mess with a new guitar. I was hesitant the first time on a core. But up til then gimme a strat, and I'd do it drinking without a care..

You don't want to use sandpaper and a garage isn't necessary. It's a much less invasive process than that. I did plenty in my condo as you're only knocking off the gloss.

Back