PTC returned my two guitars?

So figured I’d give a little update on the two thinlines I have at the PTC.

They determined the finish issues warranted a refinish on both guitars and it will take 15-16 weeks for the guitars return.

On the upside the surf green with white pearl is getting a satin finish on the neck while there so that should make it a bit of a one of a kind and easier to sell or trade as in its absence I purchased an S2 10th anniversary in Lake Blue that I vibe with the color in more.

Also I’m having my antique white thinline done completely in satin since I haven’t really seen many guitars in antique white with a satin finish and I love the way satin feels. Since that one is a keeper I’m having its electronics and pickups updated to core and swapping in gold phase III tuners and gold hardware. So they may be gone for a while but at least when they come back they’ll be better than brand new.

So if anyone wants dibs on a one of a kind S2 thinline 594 in surf green w/white metallic pearl with a factory satin neck. Let me know it’ll be back in 15 weeks or so lol.
Just an FYI on the time quotes. I've had two done by the PTC, and was quoted 16 weeks both times. The first one was dead on 16 weeks, but the second was back in under 5.

Just a follow up. I have yet to get ahold of Ryan, the guy I was talking to over at PRS, since the last time I reached him April 5th to find anything out about where my guitar is in the process. It’s been just over 10 weeks since we discussed the work to be done and to proceed. I reached out 7 days ago and didn’t receive a response so I sent another email yesterday.
I'm not sure if Ryan is still around

Just an FYI on the time quotes. I've had two done by the PTC, and was quoted 16 weeks both times. The first one was dead on 16 weeks, but the second was back in under 5.
Well that’s promising to hear! Luckily the S2 594 10th anniversary is keeping me company in their absence.

Although I did find myself lusting after those new CE24 DW with the black hardtails.

I would like to grab one of those, too. Waiting to see some of the Jade Smokeburst ones land in the wild.
Yea I’ve been craving playing some heavier stuff lately and I have a pair of black DW Tomahawks laying around I should put in something but I know if they land in the wild and I see one with nice figuring in the maple I’ll probably end up buying it.

Just wanted to update for anyone that may have read my prior correspondence. I received an email from Ryan over at the PTC, refret is almost done, then it will go downstairs to the finish hall for a quick pass on the fret edges then in two weeks it’ll go back up to the PTC for the new bridge installation and final set up. It’s been quite a bit longer than what I was originally quoted, 6-8 weeks, it’ll be 12 weeks on May 9th. He did say they were extremely busy with a back log, but assured me that when I receive it back It’ll be optimal playing condition.

I would assume that the PTC has been pretty backed up. I noticed shortly after I purchased my 509 that the neck pickup had super low output when running as a humbucker. I measured DC resistance and it was super high, so I was able to send it back for warranty service. It took about 3 weeks for the repair in total. It turned out to be a shorted neck pickup, so it was replaced.

I can't be certain, but I think they may have given the guitar a quick buff while it was there. Either way, I am very happy with the customer service at PRS. Shout out to Ryan and the team in the PTC!

That’s great to hear they fixed it pretty quick. This tuesday will be 14 weeks since I was told 6-8 weeks on Feb 14th.. I’m hoping to get it back soon, I’m jonesin’ to play it.

Here’s an update on my PTC experience if anyone is still interested, not trying to hijack the thread or anything. I spoke with Ryan yesterday, he’s a good dude, told me it was almost ready and would be shipping out by end of week and that I could call the main line and pay. I called up and paid and they said it would be finished up by the end of the week and shipped. Unfortunately I had distressing news as he called today and told me the bridge pickup has a short, rather than replace with a different variety pickup they have some round bobbins still and will spin me some new HFS Treble and Vintage Bass pickups with round bobbins, it’s a bit more cost wise but will be better in the end. Should be done and shipped out by early next week. Yesterday was 18 weeks and if it ships out early next week, then 19 weeks to complete the work and ship it out. Complete refret with new nut, Bridge Replaced and new HFS and Vintage pickups. While it has been a long while I’m excited to be close to having it returned and am confident it’ll be better than ever. If anyone is still interested I’ll let you know how it turns out when I get it back.

Back