PRS is killing it. rambling...

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
The new models this year look better than ever. I had my first PRS in 1992 (CE for my 16th birthday, sold it and wish I could find it) and the new ones just get more awesome every year. Headstock veneers are popping up on production models, tops and colors look great, they feel great, play amazing, and paisley cases are off the hook. Holy crap I only need a few more and then I'm done. I think. End of ramble, Phil

I don't have a lot, but like you I've been a PRS guy for a long time - 1991. And I agree, they are knocking it out of the park, and they get better every year!

Last edited:
I totally agree.....I think for a new guitar, I really only like Paul Reed Smith.... Now I love used/vintage Gibsons and Fenders from years past, but IMO in the QC and fit and finish and versatility department - PRS is making the best off the shelf guitar today.

I just got an old '64 Gibson SG Special in Nashville and I was blown away by how close my Soapbar McCarty sounds to it! And while PRS's aren't reliced or made to feel like a old pair of jeans, they still have that great feel to the neck that feels like it's an old friend.

Every aspect of the new ones are just great. Phase II/III tuners have spoiled me for anything else and 408's are a dream come true for a neck pickup guy like me.

Right now, there's only one guitar I want, and it's a PRS. Unfortunately, it's a model that they discontinued. Furthermore, I'm pretty specific about color, trem, and neck shape. So I wait, rather than ask my local pusher to order me one.

I have been a big fan of certain imported models in recent years (Nik Huber, etc) but I am REALLY having a hard time denying how much I love the newer PRS guitars/pickups. I am knocked out.

I'm having a hard time with the blade-switch era we're living in, but the colors and semi-trems that have been coming out are out-of-this-world cool.

I couldnt agree more. I think a lot of guitarists are thinking this too as I've seen so many more people playing a PRS in the last few years then I have previously.

Back