PRS headstock

smigarc

Is it just me or do PRS's have the most metal headstock available? I was looking at mine tonight and thinking "This looks way more evil--in a good way--than any BC Rich or Shecter."

Maybe not the most metal, but the most likely to chip a corner when you take off your guitar over your head and whack the ceiling. C'mon - who hasn't done that yet!? :mad:

I haven’t. 27 years of PRS playing.

I always just unbutton the strap. The ceiling doesn’t get whacked, and the guitar doesn’t get dinged.

However, I’ve found other ways to ding guitars. Loaning a guitar to a friend is very effective.

Last edited:
Oh Yeah. Many moons ago I was playing a gig in this pub with quite a low ceiling.
Completely never gave it a thought, got carried away smacked the guitar headstock full on. Never made that mistake again.
Funny thing was( or not as the case may be) It wasn't even my guitar.!!! :D:D:D

;-) I've put a small almost invisible ding in the top horn of the headstock, while thinking, "be careful around that marble table" in the living room. It's really a stupid feeling when you realize you could do it and do.....

;-) I've put a small almost invisible ding in the top horn of the headstock, while thinking, "be careful around that marble table" in the living room. It's really a stupid feeling when you realize you could do it and do.....

Haha! I am so that guy, too.

Is it just me or do PRS's have the most metal headstock available? I was looking at mine tonight and thinking "This looks way more evil--in a good way--than any BC Rich or Shecter."

They've dialed it back a bit.

HrpE1yc.jpg

If you look at the curve if the cutaway on the double cut body, and then look at the curve of the top of the headstock, you’ll notice a certain symmetry.

It’s a beautiful bit of artistry that really helps pull together the entire design of the guitar. I think that’s why it works so well.

Sometimes when looking at a great design, you’re not aware of why it works, it just works; however, it’s all the details adding up.

On most guitars, the headstock is something of an unrelated sculpture at the end of a stick, though I’ll add that I have a couple of PRSes with the Santana headstock, and it looks nice, too..

Last edited:
If you look at the curve if the cutaway on the double cut body, and then look at the curve of the top of the headstock, you’ll notice a certain symmetry.

It’s a beautiful bit of artistry that really helps pull together the entire design of the guitar. I think that’s why it works so well.

Sometimes when looking at a great design, you’re not aware of why it works, it just works; however, it’s all the details adding up.

On most guitars, the headstock is something of an unrelated sculpture at the end of a stick, though I’ll add that I have a couple of PRSes with the Santana headstock, and it looks nice, too..

Wow. I never noticed that! That is an excellent point, and of course so obvious now that you say it. Thanks!

Is the top curve of the headstock not a reference to a crescent moon and matches the crescent moon dots?

Back