PRS Amp?

I've only used the Archon with the Avatar with Hellatone Vintage 30s and the Splawn with Scumback BM-75s (brighter greenbacks). The PRS cab is tighter, more focused bass than the Avatar with essentially the same speakers. The cabs are almost the exact same dimensions too so I assume any differences I hear are cab construction differences or the pre-broken in V30s in the Avatar. Not sure how to describe it, but the cleans seem a little more alive/3D with the PRS cab too. Again, might just been the speakers, but I definitely like it whatever it is. I've only run the Archon into the Splawn cab for a few mins. It does a cool old school 70s metal tone if you pump up the mids. I normally use that cab with the Friedman SS since that's my 80s Hot Rodded Marshall tone. I also just got a Splawn 2x12 that's roughly the size of the PRS Big Mouth 2x12 that I've loaded with BM-75LDC Scumbacks, similar to G12-65 Celestions. Haven't tried the Archon with it yet, but I'll maybe do that today. I plan to use that 2x12 as my main rehearsal cab since it's a little more portable.
Nice, sounds like I'd dig it then. I'd like to compare to my Bogner Uberkabs. Not sure I can justify spending $ on 2 new 4x12 cabs that I don't really need.

I use a Bad Cat Alley Cat 1X12 combo, if I need more volume I hookup my Unleash. Lightweight & simple rig.

Nice, sounds like I'd dig it then. I'd like to compare to my Bogner Uberkabs. Not sure I can justify spending $ on 2 new 4x12 cabs that I don't really need.

Ah, but what the heck. Spending it on guitar gear is just so much fun. ;)

Back