Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

Thanks man, the Blue Green really does contrast well with the natural faux-binding. I've always been drawn by the more vibrant colors myself.

Haha, that maybe true, but sometimes the wild looking ones have a bit more character if you will.

Thanks man, I'm loving these and I'm sorry for snagging them up before you. It sucks when that happens, but I suppose it's just part of shopping online. P22 with a pernie neck? Do you have any pictures, it sounds awesome!!!

Yeah, I can't wait for the Buckeye, its one of my most anticipated guitars ever. Appreciate the kind words, it should be pretty cool!
It’s all good - you are doing me a kindness by saving my marriage!:) I have three custom builds in progress, so not like I really should be buying any more at the moment.

That said, when the time comes to move that Blue/green one....;)

qr9WA.gif
Ok, ok! :)

I haven’t been posting much lately, 5 months into my vertigo recovery, still looking at several more months to go. Getting better, but slowly. So, I mostly went back to reading the forum. Certainly helps my mood keeping up with everyone, not to mention living vicariously through others on those NGDs!

I really need to take some real pics of my guitars. Aquamarine, jet black ebony board, South American hog, pernie neck, Koa binding, wood rings and knobs. Gold etched eagle and Celtic knot inlays. 57/08s - a magical guitar. Though 11top’s ME SCT is right up there tone wise for me.

4_D6_FE327-_A049-4084-990_F-5_EA2_E8_AD5_F64.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can I just say :eek:
Very similar to my wife’s reaction!

One is a 3/4 size acoustic from my luthier on the Big Island, curly mango that will be stained blue.

He built this Koa one for me a few years back that I enjoy

image.jpg

Second one is my PRS PS build, a P245Trem with Braz neck. Color on quilt will look like this - Ocean Mist Glow (OMG!)

WC-_OMG2-_Crop-auto-levels.jpg

Top wood

Close-up_-_chosen_top-_AL.jpg

I went back and forth on SA Mahogany and African Mahogany. Took their advice and stayed with the lighter weight African one. Hopefully should be underway soon - I put in the order Nov 3.

Third build will be a custom Huber Orca 59, all Braz neck, trem, shorter scale. That should start next month or so.

Soooooo, I’ve been in sell mode this year to pay for this. And last week I learned with have a major leak/damage/mold on our roof - doh! Is it 2019 yet?:)

Can I just say :eek:
Was that the one from Guitar Resurrection? I remember they had a cool one off Collection, but I'm not sure if it was the same guitar.
The same one. Jim did an awesome job with the specs on this one, couldn’t resist! Was the first PS electric I bought, big leap at the time. My first PS was a McManus acoustic from Paul during one of his clinics. Love both of them!

The same one. Jim did an awesome job with the specs on this one, couldn’t resist! Was the first PS electric I bought, big leap at the time. My first PS was a McManus acoustic from Paul during one of his clinics. Love both of them!
At the time he also had a C22 trem with faded aquamarine quilt top, solid Braz neck and turquoise birds. I kept going back and forth between the two. Would love to find that one now! :)

I remember and know the One you are referring to. It’s really a one-off in the truest sense. In fact I enquired about the guitar when it was still on sale. It was off a special one-time program where dealers would get to spec anything they want, even collection series specs like pernambuco and Celtic knots. It’s a real special one you have there buddy! Keepah forevah!
Indeed! It will go to my son when I’m done with it. I’ll sell a kidney before parting with it.

Ok, ok! :)

I haven’t been posting much lately, 5 months into my vertigo recovery, still looking at several more months to go. Getting better, but slowly. So, I mostly went back to reading the forum. Certainly helps my mood keeping up with everyone, not to mention living vicariously through others on those NGDs!

I really need to take some real pics of my guitars. Aquamarine, jet black ebony board, South American hog, pernie neck, Koa binding, wood rings and knobs. Gold etched eagle and Celtic knot inlays. 57/08s - a magical guitar. Though 11top’s ME SCT is right up there tone wise for me.

4_D6_FE327-_A049-4084-990_F-5_EA2_E8_AD5_F64.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Phew!! Hot!!

The way the Koa binding and trims stand out and complement the blue is amazing.

Last edited:
Very similar to my wife’s reaction!

One is a 3/4 size acoustic from my luthier on the Big Island, curly mango that will be stained blue.

He built this Koa one for me a few years back that I enjoy

image.jpg

Second one is my PRS PS build, a P245Trem with Braz neck. Color on quilt will look like this - Ocean Mist Glow (OMG!)

WC-_OMG2-_Crop-auto-levels.jpg

Top wood

Close-up_-_chosen_top-_AL.jpg

I went back and forth on SA Mahogany and African Mahogany. Took their advice and stayed with the lighter weight African one. Hopefully should be underway soon - I put in the order Nov 3.

Third build will be a custom Huber Orca 59, all Braz neck, trem, shorter scale. That should start next month or so.

Soooooo, I’ve been in sell mode this year to pay for this. And last week I learned with have a major leak/damage/mold on our roof - doh! Is it 2019 yet?:)

Those two are stunning! Simply.Stunning.

I think this thread will live forever. Big kudos to the OP for starting it.

(And.....judging from his avatar, he’s got some queens of this forum too)

(Hint fired across the bow....) :p

Last edited:
Yow, WA Paul, those are hot!
Thanks Les!

I’ve posted some of mine in the Hello Again thread last year and My own PS Friday thread. Not too much lately though. I try to keep up on how folks are doing when I get the chance. Always nice to visit for some good times and good humor!

It’s all good - you are doing me a kindness by saving my marriage!:) I have three custom builds in progress, so not like I really should be buying any more at the moment.

That said, when the time comes to move that Blue/green one....;)

Man, those builds you have going on sound awesome!!! Love that quilt you chose and love your Collection guitar also. I lusted over that many times on Guitar Rez's website. The Koa binding is a great choice as it's unique and it's such an elegant wood. As far as moving the Blue/Green DGT, probably won't happen as I usually never sell anything and get too emotionally bonded with every guitar :D. But you never know what life may bring, so your dibs is noted! Thanks for sharing your builds and guitars, some amazing stuff going on in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Man, those builds you have going on sound awesome!!! Love that quilt you chose and love your Collection guitar also. I lusted over that many times on Guitar Rez's website. The Koa binding is such a great choice as it's unique and it's such an elegant wood. As far as moving the Blue/Green DGT, probably won't happen as I usually never sell anything and get too emotionally bonded with every guitar :D. But you never know what life may bring, so your dibs is noted! Thanks for sharing your builds and guitars, some amazing stuff going on in your neck of the woods.
Thanks! Glad to get my ‘dibs’ noted. ;) You never know when those moments arrive! Hopefully after I’m done repairing my roof!

For my pernie PS (really is a Collection grade), I brought it to show Paul during one of his clinics. I said how much I loved the Koa accents. He just said under his breadth what a gorgeous guitar - wouldn’t sign the back plate, didn’t want to mess up that top! So he signed the case in giant script! Also got a pic with me and Paul with that guitar, was about two weeks after I had surgery so I couldn’t stay for the event.

Back