Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

Sorry Sergio....only one color would do for this rippling quilt...
025lyxy.jpg

jAnZLR2.jpg

Top and back....and neck....

BOOuYlZ.jpg

NpkjtK4.jpg

And inlays....

qKXjLhL.jpg
Some of us refer to certain tops as “Tosca quilts”...see above.

I adore the Collection Series. They could just be pieces of wood to the wider world, but for me there’s just something about them.

It’s a kind of aura. A kind of elegance and class that’s hard to define.

In pernambuco, they identified a wood with not just respectable tonal properties, but one with a historical heft to match. Even the name sounds great. That’s got to be a very difficult thing to do, if you think about it.

Glacier Blue is a great color and that guitar looks killer.

Thanks man, I've lusted after this guitar for years, so when it came up for sale, I had to jump on it.

I adore the Collection Series. They could just be pieces of wood to the wider world, but for me there’s just something about them.

It’s a kind of aura. A kind of elegance and class that’s hard to define.

In pernambuco, they identified a wood with not just respectable tonal properties, but one with a historical heft to match. Even the name sounds great. That’s got to be a very difficult thing to do, if you think about it.

There's something magical about Pernmabuco to my ear and hands. It's unexplainable, but it almost has the best of mahogany, maple, and rosewood for me. It has some of that maple spank, that mahogany mid crunch, with the smoothness of rosewood. Even though there's a glossy finish, it feels so good in my hands when I play and the sustain is noticeably longer. The incoming DGT will be my 4th with the wood and I can't wait to have another in my hands. Your collection of "Collection" models :D, is awesome! I would love to own a Collection one day, but that perfect model hasn't happened yet for me.

Last edited:
There’s another pic somewhere where I’m licking the maple top.:D

“Timber-licker”!!;):p

Collection guitars with (mostly) pernambuco necks. Straight out of the mind of Paul and the PS team.

These are the guitars we needed but did not deserve.
xnyZi6d.jpg

RKPYnot.png

uDD0Udd.jpg

ceW9lCU.jpg

fQhUsxf.jpg
The quilt top looks like a precious stone, that you can see into the heart of! Good Job:D

Yes, like a 1000$ above street price! Crazy! It shows there is a strong demand but not enough guitars produced to supply that demand. :)

Thanks! What really doomed me was it’s resemblance to a sunrise within the clouds. Private Hudson - “Game over man, game over!”
Fn2AnxO.jpg

RKPYnot.png

Yes, both are equally captivating!:D

The one that started the series
rV6DSX2.jpg
And what a start it was! That's a glorious axe man! WOW!
Notes to self:
1. Make the pilgrimage to MD.
2. Select killer wood for my PS build.
3. Call divorce attorney.
4. Make sure life insurance is in force.
5. Have attorney look over my will.
5. Break the news to the redhead.
6. Pray for a quick ans honorable death.
7. HELP! HELP! HELP! 9-1-1.......................
9-1-1 what's your emergency...

WHY are you guys just sitting there?!!! I just got bludgeoned to death with my own guitar...good lookin out fellas...geez!

P.S. tell the authorities to look in the backyard for my remains.

BIG Congrats! Your pernie DGT’s are amazing! I remember the white tiger and blue green ones, and the flame on them were perfect!

Cousins :)

Thanks man, I love these guitars and yours are awesome too! The flame tops they chose are amazing for this run, as I don't think I've seen a bad one in the bunch.

Cousins indeed! I've obviously gravitated towards the blue end of the spectrum :D.

j0i543.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man, I love these guitars and yours are awesome too! The flame tops they chose are amazing for this run, as I don't think I've seen a bad one in the bunch.

Cousins indeed! I've obviously gravitated towards the blue end of the spectrum :D.

j0i543.jpg
Man! Those two are killler tops and beautiful colours. I have a special affinity for the left one though:D

Just something really striking about the contrast of the aquamarine-ish top and the flamey-goodness of the natural (Fox;)) binding!

Notes to self:

WHY are you guys just sitting there?!!! I just got bludgeoned to death with my own guitar...good lookin out fellas...geez!

Looking back I must admit that there are times when I wonder if they were worth the price (this is strictly my opinion only and exclusively on my own guitars).

But you only live once, and that fact tilts the whole equation towards insanity. I’m for the camp of doing just one thing outrageous for passion while we’re in this world, so long as it does not harm others or oneself (a big sorry to the trees and their occupants though). What’s the point otherwise.

The clock ticks all the time.

Last edited:
Notes to self:

Scott, buddy, we like ya, and all, but lets be real.....we're gonna be circling like vultures to snag your PS. Your remains will be good for next seasons planting season :D

j0i543.jpg
So, so jealous! :rolleyes:

I keep thinking of the Rush lyric from Driven “racing the oblivious cars” - you didn’t know, but you were ‘racing’ me to the blue/green one and now the Glacier Blue one. I even put my Coll IX up for sale to get it. Grrr....uh, I mean, congratulations! :D

In all seriousness, enjoy the heck out of those! I’m fortunate to have a one-off P22 with the Pernie neck and really agree with all of your comments about the tone. Next to Pernie, I’ll take Braz all the way.

Also, can’t wait to see your new PS SC with the Buckeye Burl - going to be epic! (Grabs popcorn)

Thanks! What really doomed me was it’s resemblance to a sunrise within the clouds. Private Hudson - “Game over man, game over!”
Fn2AnxO.jpg

RKPYnot.png
I’d love to find one of these in the wild. Last one I saw was in Japan over a year ago.

A collection of Collection Series? Sweet!

Back