Post Photobucket (as in after PB screwed the original thread) Santana Pic of the Day!

Here is my one and only, and I love this guitar. 2003 Santana II. I got lucky---this was exactly what I wanted when I went looking for a used Santana.

Vintage Yellow with a cherry back
Brazilian board
Fat flame top
Very clear and chimey tone

ChNaEWd.jpg

sprxM5o.jpg

Dig! Classic looking!

I'm seriously considering a Santana, I probably played 10 of the Santana SE's , in guitar Center seems OK fit in my hands, I have never been able to get my hands on a core model,
but I know I would be in the 99% confidence interval, of extremely liking it.
it looks like you guys sell off your surplus Santana's pretty regularly, I would like to get a reasonably remarkable specimen. the low-cost affordable versions, seem to be missing something, my collection is missing a red guitar and a blue guitar. I think Bodia and sergio have 300 or 400 Santana's they might have one they're willing to sacrific eat a reasonable price,
I really like the
1. northern lights finish
2. I really like the violet blue burst,
3. beach fade on a quilt,
4. the right faded whale blue high contrast white blue
I would like a maple neck. I guess I'm not a big hurry, I would like to sift through what appear to be endless versions of the Santana,
but I do see that, I don't want rosewood neck, I have tried a rosewood neck guitar in the guitar Center, it's interesting, but somethings just off tone wise for me.
here's the one that really caught my eye, 5800 is a bit steep, but doable.but it looks like one of you guys are already in the process of snagging this, from Brian.
and a blue one
kejGUA5.jpg

rwLDROy.jpg

yWAAg4Y.jpg

I'm seriously considering a Santana, I probably played 10 of the Santana SE's , in guitar Center seems OK fit in my hands, I have never been able to get my hands on a core model,
but I know I would be in the 99% confidence interval, of extremely liking it.
it looks like you guys sell off your surplus Santana's pretty regularly, I would like to get a reasonably remarkable specimen. the low-cost affordable versions, seem to be missing something, my collection is missing a red guitar and a blue guitar. I think Bodia and sergio have 300 or 400 Santana's they might have one they're willing to sacrific eat a reasonable price,
I really like the
1. northern lights finish
2. I really like the violet blue burst,
3. beach fade on a quilt,
4. the right faded whale blue high contrast white blue
I would like a maple neck. I guess I'm not a big hurry, I would like to sift through what appear to be endless versions of the Santana,
but I do see that, I don't want rosewood neck, I have tried a rosewood neck guitar in the guitar Center, it's interesting, but somethings just off tone wise for me.
here's the one that really caught my eye, 5800 is a bit steep, but doable.but it looks like one of you guys are already in the process of snagging this, from Brian.
and a blue one
kejGUA5.jpg

rwLDROy.jpg

yWAAg4Y.jpg

The Red Santana was mine. I sent it to Brian to sell. It went in 2 days.

The Red Santana was mine. I sent it to Brian to sell. It went in 2 days.

dammit:mad: missed by that much.

that means it's going to show up here next week on the new guitar day.

I'll have to tell you that thing seems awesome on paper especially photographic paper.

it seems like it had to sound and play well, why did you sell it.:) what didn't you like.

dammit:mad: missed by that much.

that means it's going to show up here next week on the new guitar day.

I'll have to tell you that thing seems awesome on paper especially photographic paper.

it seems like it had to sound and play well, why did you sell it.:) what didn't you like.

It played awesome. Sweet guitar. Very sweet. As for why I sold it; it boils down needing to make space. As in thin the herd. I've been putting it off for months and decided I'd move the one that hurt the most to see if that would get me moving. It didn't.

Sorry it took a minute wrestling with my MacBook but, here you go:

oY7LatQ.jpg

U46aGkV.jpg

avXj13T.jpg

mxrK1Sb.jpg

dWNFOVh.jpg

JXqUMS9.jpg

sdegBfW.jpg

kz4oFQF.jpg

I think that's all of it.
that poor brass screw on the high E tuning peg, can never be turned again, remember to use a number 1 Phillips and not a number 3 Phillips

Hey slackers, weekends deserve Santana pictures too.
CK_845Top.jpeg
I've been watching way too many science fiction movies I guess,
I love science fiction.
all I can see is the enders game hive queen in this guitar, it must play wickedly, even the name Santana has the dark magical forces within it.
stunning fantastic.

KSPY6rq.jpg

I've been watching way too many science fiction movies I guess,
I love science fiction.
all I can see is the enders game hive queen in this guitar, it must play wickedly, even the name Santana has the dark magical forces within it.
stunning fantastic.
I made a special trip to the vault when that top showed up. I spent a lot of time talking to Paul Miles about a special dye job to highlight some of the features and about doing the build without a visible pickup.
When it came time for a neck Paul Smith was showing a few special ones when I stumbled on a Cocobolo one tucked away - one of two that had been drying for 10 years. At that point it was clear the guitar deserved to have full electronics.

Back