Pick a Card, Any Card

Any explanation as to why Paul wrote " The Broken Heart" on Rangos card? Seems like it could have a cool story! haha

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;42193 said:
I wrote that, Mike. See post #170 for the whole story.

Well that's not a very good story, can I get a refund? haha

Thanks Hans! Sweet!

IMAG0034+(1).jpg

Thanks from me too Hans, to both you and Mr. Smith. Very cool of you!

Goldtop Lloyd, Queen of Clubs

Last edited:
Rule question: I have three topics planned waiting in the wings. I was wondering, if I start them all at once, then go through a dry spell the next three weeks, is that a "rule violation"?

Hell, there are some people who made the commitment, took a card, and haven't done a thing.

Yet...

There are no rules, John. Your contribution is voluntary and appreciated (however and whenever that happens).

Cool. Well, since this little experiment has started, this forum has become the place to be. So, whether or not all 54 folks live up to the commitment, enough of the cards are doing so to make this happen. Thanks for doing it!!

Dear Card Holders,

When we started the "Pick A Card" program last November, the Official PRS Forum was sputtering along. I don't think there is any doubt, now, that we achieved a level of activity that is self-sustaining. Hell, I log in some mornings and have to click the [More Activity] button (in the "What's New" section) 3 or 4 times to see all of the recent posts. That is due, in large part, to you and your commitment to making this community thrive.

We are approaching our 1st Birthday (the 23rd of April). On that day I formally release you from your promise to start one meaningful thread per week. It is my hope that you keep your card, even if you change your avatar, as a reminder of something we built together.

In the US Navy there is a long tradition of recognizing the 1st crew of a newly commissioned ship by issuing Plank Ownership. The origin of the term (Plank Owner) is the implication that a crew member was around when a ship was being built and commissioned. No matter where the sailer goes after his assignment, he will always be a Plank Owner of that ship.

Shawn, Jamie, and I discussed this concept at length shortly after PRS Guitars opened the doors to this place. I can think of no better way to recognize your willingness to take a card (especially since it was so hard to give all 54 away) than to offer you this small token of gratitude. From this day forward you will all be known as Plank Owners.

As most of you know, there is one last card in the deck; the Fine Print Card. I am awarding that card to CoreyT for 2 reasons:
1) Nine times out of ten, he is the fist person to report a SPAM thread
2) He has the most posts of any non-card holding member

I hope you guys have enjoyed this challenge as much as I have. I really do appreciate all of your help and I'm looking forward to having a beer with you in September.

Fly your flags high as you carry out the final days of your original mission!

~Hans

Last edited:
Back