NUAD

Try running the mids down lower than you might usually , I also run the bass and Treble Channels pretty even all the time.
to me the kids breakup in a way I don't love but small changes make all the difference for me , I it mine with a bunch of pedals !!! and am very happy.
Interesting. I'll try dialing my mids some and see what I get. I started with the "crank everything plexi" settings, except for the master. Quickly figure out that I had to dial out lots of bass by rolling down the bass gain and the bass knob. But often, I leave everything else cranked. However, I'm running the master at 9:00 to 10:00 at most. I know how much it changed with that master jacked up to 7 or so, but the Power Station wouldn't allow me to coral that volume due to a squeal that's caused when you're too close to some amps.

Don't laugh, and I know Paul is not into this kind of stuff, but I really wish this had a 5 watt setting so I could crank it up to PI saturation levels without breaking windows. The amp really opens up with the master up, and truly gets into that PI distortion that we all love, but it's just WAY too loud for home at that level. At 9:00 on the master with my settings, and the Timmy on, it's constantly over 100dB

I do have an EP Booster that I actually like for boosting solo stuff.
That's interesting as well. I have an EP and while I like the pedal, didn't love it with the HDRX because... you guessed it. It boosts my bass which I do not want with this amp. Noting here, many pedals which don't actually have a bass boost DO boost the bass of your amp. I've discussed this with David Barber before. My Launch Pad is a completely flat boost, proven by the scope, but when you turn it on it boosts the bass of many amps. Many pedals that don't have bass cuts, do this. I've observed this on many pedals over the years.

That's interesting as well. I have an EP and while I like the pedal, didn't love it with the HDRX because... you guessed it. It boosts my bass which I do not want with this amp. Noting here, many pedals which don't actually have a bass boost DO boost the bass of your amp. I've discussed this with David Barber before. My Launch Pad is a completely flat boost, proven by the scope, but when you turn it on it boosts the bass of many amps. Many pedals that don't have bass cuts, do this. I've observed this on many pedals over the years.
I haven't tried ANY pedals with this amp yet.

It certainly doesn't need a bass boost.

I like to get to know the amp really well before I start adding pedals.

Back