NPSD: DGT 245 Burl-esque!!

You swing for the fences and end up knocking it outta the park every time!

That is an interesting mix of materials and I am sure the 24.5 scale balances things out a bit. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Wow!!! What an amazing guitar. Im sure it sounds a good as it looks. Congrats.

Wow! Truly amazing. Congrats.

I have a technical question: how in the world do they cut the backplate and trem cover to match on a ONE PIECE BODY???????

Saw this from TGP and posted on the thread, but I'll do it here again. Congrats, this is a jaw dropping beauty.

Stuning piece of burl. Absolutely fantasmic. Normal words aren't enough to describe this beauty!

Damn...now the question is, will you be playing this fine one piece beastie and how does it sound?

PS I just heard that the PRS Museum of awesomeness has major GAS and they want it back.

Dude.... I am going to have to make a video or something to capture it!! Or better yet man, you need to come for a visit!!!! :)

As soon as I get settled into my new job, I'm there man!

Wow! Truly amazing. Congrats.

I have a technical question: how in the world do they cut the backplate and trem cover to match on a ONE PIECE BODY???????

This has messed with my head for ages too. The only way I can see it working is the plates aren't actually cut out from the body, what I think happens is this:

Back of the body is cut very straight, very accurately, with minimal finish sanding required
The piece that you have left over is then machined down, so you're left with a very thin piece of wood, that was originally just "above" the back of the body
This is then laminated to another piece of wood to make up the thickness of the plates
The plates are then cut out from this laminate
You end up with something that looks very much like the back of the body, but not exact exact (you can see a very, very tiny difference in some of the PSs with this trick)

Then again I could be totally wrong, it's quite possible that the geniuses at PRS came up with another way e.g. right angled router bit or using lasers and mirrors...

Back