New to PRS- SE Custom 24 opinion request

Bluegill

Good day all, hope everyone is well.

I was in my local music shop at the weekend and spotted a second hand SE custom 24 Poplar Burl on the rack. I’ve never even held a PRS despite playing for 20+ years and for some reason I felt drawn to it, so I asked to try it and I must say it felt lovely. Superb weight, a neck suited to my hands, and the slim body felt great. it felt expensive too, if that makes sense.

The guitar was £599 second hand, with a couple of dings in the body, but due to the pattern, really hard to see unless you’re looking for it.

I just wanted to ask you guys- is this a decent price for such a guitar and is there anything I should look out for if I decide to go back and have a second look? I believe it’s got stock pickups and tuners. I have attached a pic- any opinions/help much appreciated.

TIA!

Looks like a nice guitar, maybe check the serial so you reference the year uts from for what’s in it. I wouldn’t say that’s a bad price really, I own the SE Custom 24-08 and love it, was also bought second hand but mint condition.

Welcome btw! I’m sure there’s many owners of that guitar that can offer advice on what you should / could look for on it, also I’d ask them to do a setup included in the price ;)

Personally I think that is just a little high
but you might make an offer they would accept around £500
Ultimately if you really like the guitar the little extra you might pay would be worth it
PRS guitars are special
It's easy to become addicted

Good day all, hope everyone is well.

I was in my local music shop at the weekend and spotted a second hand SE custom 24 Poplar Burl on the rack. I’ve never even held a PRS despite playing for 20+ years and for some reason I felt drawn to it, so I asked to try it and I must say it felt lovely. Superb weight, a neck suited to my hands, and the slim body felt great. it felt expensive too, if that makes sense.

The guitar was £599 second hand, with a couple of dings in the body, but due to the pattern, really hard to see unless you’re looking for it.

I just wanted to ask you guys- is this a decent price for such a guitar and is there anything I should look out for if I decide to go back and have a second look? I believe it’s got stock pickups and tuners. I have attached a pic- any opinions/help much appreciated.

TIA!

Hi and welcome to the forum. From your pricing, I’m assuming you’re from UK.

This will be from a special SE run that get released in Europe from time to time.

The price does seem pretty much in line with what you would pay this side of the pond.

Now you have a taste for PRS, do a little on-line hunting on eBay, Reverb etc. to see what prices are out there. It may give you a little bargaining power if you’re sold on this specific guitar.

Maybe this is the one you tried?

Here’s another example of an SE CU24 -

Happy hunting.

Hey guys- sorry for the delay in replying. I read your responses and took them on board...

...and I am now a very happy PRS owner!

Long story short, I went back to the shop for another reason and (with permission) brought my wife's old Epi SG (unplayed for nigh on 10 years and not really loved) with me for a potential trade in. They gave me £160 for the SG plus knocked an additional £50 off as well, so I ended up paying £389 which I am super pleased about.

The trem was all jacked up, the saddles were all over the place and the pickup height was off, but after I got it home and set it up, it plays AMAZINGLY. Moreover, even with the stock pickups, it's got that glassiness that's synonymous with PRS cleans.

Very happy, so thanks again guys!

Hey guys- sorry for the delay in replying. I read your responses and took them on board...

Long story short, I went back to the shop for another reason and (with permission) brought my wife's old Epi SG (unplayed for nigh on 10 years and not really loved) with me for a potential trade in. They gave me £160 for the SG plus knocked an additional £50 off as well, so I ended up paying £389 which I am super pleased about.

The trem was all jacked up, the saddles were all over the place and the pickup height was off, but after I got it home and set it up, it plays AMAZINGLY. Moreover, even with the stock pickups, it's got that glassiness that's synonymous with PRS cleans.

Congrats, good deal and a great looking guitar!

Nice!

Back