NGD - P22 in Purple Hazel!

Evan

In fairness, I actually got it a few days ago, but I'm just now leaving it alone for a bit.

I can't even get over how insanely, absurdly phenomenal this guitar is.

I realize that NGDs are often attended by intoxicated overuse of terms like 'versatile,' and 'toneful." But man oh man.

My previous favorite guitar is my McCarty 58, and I was a little apprehensive about buying a 2012 P22 with 53/10s, and not a 2013 with my trusty 57/08s.

But when I found a P22 in Purple Hazel, weighing in at 7.25lbs, I figured I could swap the pups out later if needed. But I'm loving everything about the 53/10s. The neck position is fat and gorgeous, and the bridge (with an Xotic EP Booster) positively sizzles. Playing blues leads in the center position will literally leave me breathless (I'll actually forget to breathe, and have to stop). And positions 2 and 4 are just icing on the cake. Amazing icing.

And I haven't even started on the piezo, but I have to go to work now. So suffice it to say, that after the LR Baggs Para DI arrived yesterday, I played for an hour and a half before even trying it with the electric side. If I closed my eyes, I was playing my old Guild D25. Amazing.

My hats off to Paul -- he and his folks CRUSHED it with this one. :adore:

iIuS4cx.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, WOW,WOW!!! Love that color. Congrats. ENJOY!!!

Thank ya kindly! I don't know what it is about Purple Hazel, but when I first saw it there was really no question as to whether I'd one day own it. ;)

I'm not even a big fan of purple generally, but this has some kind of bewitching grape Kool-Aid thing happening.

As the proud owner of a Purple Hazel PRS and a P24 myself, let me say: Congratulations, man! Awesome guitar!

Holy crap. Guess the gf will be getting lucky tonight lol. Simply gorgeous

Congrats on the new NGD! Awesome color by the way, and many props from one P22 owner to the next!

Very cool. I really like the purple hazel. I hope your initial joy with this wonderful guitar lasts a lifetime.

Gratz man! P22s are awesome guitars as are the 53/10s. I miss having a purple guitar, yours is beautiful!

Just returned home from work to find my P22 has been getting love all day. Thanks all for the kind words!

Congrats on the new NGD! Awesome color by the way, and many props from one P22 owner to the next!

Thanks! Can I ask about yours? Still digging it, I imagine?

I don't think it's the NGD effect, but I'm positively swooning over mine. :beer:

Back