NGD - my first PRS! 2010 McCarty

Rusty Mcdangles

She’s got some battle scars but I’m loving it!
vkeyUAL.jpeg
Tcv9XLS.jpeg
yMFU6Uk.jpeg
VefTZAZ.jpeg
LDlIyTo.jpeg
jChaAwy.jpeg

Thanks all, I traded it for a Les Paul. I’ve had several Les Paul standards over the years but decided it was time to try one . Problem is they’re hard to get people to let them go for trades lol. Anything I need to do know regarding them, or these particular years?

Thanks all, I traded it for a Les Paul. I’ve had several Les Paul standards over the years but decided it was time to try one . Problem is they’re hard to get people to let them go for trades lol. Anything I need to do know regarding them, or these particular years?
Nope, just play the snot out of it and enjoy every minute.

However I notice the old school McC pickups. I thought they had switched to 57/08 PU then?

Nope, just play the snot out of it and enjoy every minute.

However I notice the old school McC pickups. I thought they had switched to 57/08 PU then?
No idea? Just what it says on the slip, is there a major difference? Do they just call them McCarty pickups?

Yep, old school McCarty pickups in that guitar (which is gorgeous by the way!). The 57/08 pickups were still pretty much limited to certain models and limited editions in 2010 if memory serves. It was only later that they became the standard-issue pickup across the core line.

Back