NGD ... fail?

Thanks for the input so far. I do appreciate it.

The black background is from the listing which is a nice green with hints of yellow and consistent front and back. What I received has a top that looks like a sun faded version of the back. The front is similar to PRS factory 'faded' colors like I'd expect "Faded Emerald" to look, the back is a really nice Emerald that I'd expect on a 10 Top. Should these guitars change this much in 6 - 7 months at the dealer? And should the top differ so much from the back? I've owned hundreds of guitars and never seen anything like this, I've hung Gibsons, Fenders and Heritages on walls for years and never seen noticeable fading.

It's not that I dislike the color of either the top or back, I'm really bothered that the top and back don't match. PRS and the dealer both agree this guitar needs to be refinished, I just have a big issue with the customer being expected to assume the responsibility, burden, time, and risk of dealing with a refinish OR be penalized with hundreds of dollars in shipping charges for a guitar PRS and dealer agree was shipped needing a refinish. After an excruciating 2 weeks of mostly being ignored I have no interest or faith that this will become any easier. And why should I have to wait with my money tied up in this process when I should be playing a new guitar?

(I'm not cherry picking or PhotoShopping pics, every pic I've taken looks like the front and back are from different guitars.)

BgbDeIH.jpg
qnOuNwo.jpg

It's good that this is taken care of and yes it's on the dealer but here's something else I noticed. The screw heads on the bridge are not aligned the same in these two photo sets. It looks like these were taken off at one point and then re-screwed in. Maybe others were used? This is definitely not how it was produced from PRS and yes looks like there was heavy fading on the front as well. I would be deterred to buy from this dealer to be honest.

It's unfortunate that you would blame PRS though for the dealer's mistake but I'm glad that you got your well deserved refund. I'm not happy about this either, it's fishy and it's just not a good look from the dealer.

If you really enjoyed the way the PRS felt to play and the sound it produced, I would recommend not fully passing on PRS and instead to find something similar that works for you.

I do get being turned off from this experience, but the blame here doesn't lie on PRS.

Back