NGD - Custom 22 Brazilian Ltd. Series, #185/500. Holy cow!

Patrick Montgomery

Just one more...
I was able to score this beauty off of Reverb for a killer deal. Sounds and plays great. And just look at that board! I swapped the original speed knobs with lampshades, and plan to use this as my live guitar going forward. I can’t believe the consistency in PRS guitars. I’ve played a ton of them and as long as they are well taken care of there’s always something good to say about them, regardless of age. Any one have any info on the 2003 Brazilian Series? Feel free to post pics of yours if you have one!

x4O3kJN.jpg

XRmq5rc.jpg

7LRXjAv.jpg

aD1YlOJ.jpg

aNwg7KY.jpg

DdSQE6a.jpg

What questions do you have? They did a run with Brazilian rosewood fretboard in 2003/2004 in Custom 24, Custom 22 and McCarty. Each of those was a run of 500. They all had pink abalone bird inlays and 10 tops. I’m sure there’s some other stuff I’m missing.
That covered a lot of them. A few more:
1. What is the used value of these? I know we can’t talk $$ but I got this for the equivalent of a used Les Paul Traditional. Would that be considered as good of a deal as I feel like it is? Do they hold more value than a standard 2003 Cu22?

2. Where they originally rotary knobs or 3 way switch?

3. Tuning buttons are smaller than my newer PRSi. Was that normal or have they maybe been replaced?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That covered a lot of them. A few more:
1. What is the used value of these? I know we can’t talk $$ but I got this for the equivalent of a Les Paul Traditional. Would that be considered as good of a deal as I feel like it is? Do they hold more value than a standard 2003 Cu22?

2. Where they originally rotary knobs or 3 way switch?

3. Tuning buttons are smaller than my newer PRSi. Was that normal or have they maybe been replaced?

Thanks!

They do seem to hold value pretty well, especially with the Brazilian board.

Mine came as Vol/Tone/5 way rotary. I swapped to toggle and push/pull

Phase 2 tuners traditionally have the smaller buttons.

Looks like I got most of the specs correct. When I first found mine I wasn’t deep into PRS like I am now, but had always loved them.

I found it hanging on a wall at a Pawn Shop in Colorado, checked it out and noticed the numbered back plate and Paul’s Sig. I never thought that I could get it, was sure wife would veto it, so I was honest with them and told them it wasn’t just a normal CU24. It stuck around for a while and I took my wife to see if, she actually said “go for it!” And the rest is history.

If you scroll down a little bit you can see the specs according to PRS

Back