NGD: SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow

TheDoktor

Muscular and compact, like corned beef.
Been a while since I did one of these! over two years, in fact. But just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

Or rather, 20% off the SE line pulls me back in. That got me browsing. And when I saw this guitar was finally available in a finish I liked (Sorry Santana Yellow, you just don't do it for me,) I got to thinking. And when I saw this guitar was going out of production after this year, and it started selling out everywhere, I knew I just had to. At least, that's what I'm telling everyone.

So, here she is-

Ordered this one blind, but I think I managed to score a nice top. I've actually been chasing something with a Black Gold Burst finish for a few years now. Back in 2019 I walked into Harry's Guitar Shop in Raleigh NC with about three grand in my pocket all set to buy a high end acoustic guitar. But I saw a used Custom 24 on the wall for about that price that almost convinced me to change my plans. In the end I stuck to my guns, but that guitar has always kinda haunted me with how gorgeous it was. In fact I even still have a picture of it-

But this takes some of the sting out of that. Even if it isn't a core, it sounds lovely and plays a dream. The newer carve on the top really makes her look just a bit extra pretty. In due time I'll prob do my usual SE glow up (lampshades, locking tuners.)

One more photo with some of her new family-

Been a while since I did one of these! over two years, in fact. But just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in...

Or rather, 20% off the SE line pulls me back in. That got me browsing. And when I saw this guitar was finally available in a finish I liked (Sorry Santana Yellow, you just don't do it for me,) I got to thinking. And when I saw this guitar was going out of production after this year, and it started selling out everywhere, I knew I just had to. At least, that's what I'm telling everyone.

So, here she is-

Ordered this one blind, but I think I managed to score a nice top. I've actually been chasing something with a Black Gold Burst finish for a few years now. Back in 2019 I walked into Harry's Guitar Shop in Raleigh NC with about three grand in my pocket all set to buy a high end acoustic guitar. But I saw a used Custom 24 on the wall for about that price that almost convinced me to change my plans. In the end I stuck to my guns, but that guitar has always kinda haunted me with how gorgeous it was. In fact I even still have a picture of it-

But this takes some of the sting out of that. Even if it isn't a core, it sounds lovely and plays a dream. The newer carve on the top really makes her look just a bit extra pretty. In due time I'll prob do my usual SE glow up (lampshades, locking tuners.)

One more photo with some of her new family-

Nice

Congrats, your photo on the chair is actually a better representation of the flame than the shop pic.
Yeah that cu24 that was at Harry's was a 10-Top, but it had REALLY tight pinstripe flame that didn't photo so good, especially in that light. Looked much better in person.

Back