NGD: 06 CE24, GAS cured. I swear. Really. Definitely.

alphasports

A week or two ago I posted a plea for help in deciding between a mint '12 CU24 10-top @ $2400 CDN vs a decent shape '06 CE24 @ $1250 CDN. At the time I cooled down and walked away but the CE kept coming back to haunt me. Short version: after getting some more pics and description I drove the 3 hours on Friday to pick up the CE24, and here it is!

It's actually in really good shape, not quite mint but 9/10 given its 3 owners. Only one small ding on the back edge, no fretwear, no apparent misuse of any kind. $1250 CDN (approx 1100 USD) isn't a steal but not bad either given the relative rarity of these, plus I love the color, goes great with my Mira mapletop and Collings!

Gave it the complete going over last night: full stripdown, full body Meguiar's scratch & polish, and a new set of D'Addario 9-46's. Ready to rock!

I say YAY.

ce24-front.jpg
ce24-back.jpg
ce24-headstock.jpg

guitar-trio.jpg

Last edited:
I remember the first thread. You made the right choice. :)

Man, that looks amazing!! I made the opposite choice: Cu24 instead of a CE24 under a third of the price - it was one hell of a guitar for the money (by the looks of it - that's why I never got it - never had the chance to play one first!).

I'm sure you already know this, but GAS is an incurable chronic disease that responds only temporarily to regular treatments. Nice Guitar!

Back