New DGT Standard on the way

Justblues

So.... I recently played a PRS DGT Standard and really liked it. The pickups sounded great and the guitar was a perfect fit. I also like the new finish ... doesn't feel as thick as the finish on my old PRS. I found one online for a great price so I ordered it. Hopefully it plays/sounds as good as the one I tried out. So ...

I sold my PRS Custom 22 a few years back ... Something I've regretted ever since. Quite honestly, I never totally "bonded" with the pickups (dragon II) or the rotary switch, but I enjoyed the way it played. I wish I had just swapped the pickups ... But I didn't.

Anyway, I'll be sure to post some pics once it arrives.

FWIW, I played in several steady working band for years, but decided a couple years ago that the 4-6 nights per week was a bit much along with my day job. I miss the extra cash which basically went towards gear, but actually enjoy playing guitar a lot more. The DGT will be my the first new guitar in 2 1/2 years, so I'm really excited about this.

It's such a great guitar! What color did you get?
549087_10151074678442412_1744996313_n.jpg

It's tobacco sunburst. Hopefully I will have it tonight and will post pics soon after...

Got it!
It plays great. I'm in the process of setting it up, but so far so good. I swapped the e for a 10 and the b for a 13 ... I struggle with tendonitis so it's something I needed to do ... but the stock 11's felt pretty good. Anyway, here's a picture ...

4C646F6C-C110-4824-9C4B-E4F0C33A85CE-609-000001AA749A9070.jpg

Congrats! I haven't seen many DGT standards stained so far.

Thanks. I've been playing it through my 5e3 and it sounds pretty good. The guitar really shines through my THD Flexi ... Very versatile ... The coil tap really gives the guitar a nice fat single coil sound.

I absolutely LOVE my DGT Standard. Can't say enough good things about the feel, tone and playability. Not too hard on the eyes either..

Back