New bridge on a 30th anniversary 1985-2015 PRS

Thank you. And nor would I do it. In a way, I would think that many people that bought the 30th ann. model would have the same problem as I did - making the guitar go sharp do to your palm resting on the bridge. Maybe I just play weird. Does PRS make a stop tail with fine tuners? (BTW, this is my first day on this forum, so I apologize for my ignorance)

No they don't. I think what nobody has said so far is that any fine tuning bridge or tailpiece you can find is going to require heavy modifications to the guitar. There's no drop-in replacement I can think of.

Thank you. And nor would I do it. In a way, I would think that many people that bought the 30th ann. model would have the same problem as I did - making the guitar go sharp do to your palm resting on the bridge. Maybe I just play weird. Does PRS make a stop tail with fine tuners? (BTW, this is my first day on this forum, so I apologize for my ignorance)
I often rest my palm on the bridge of my 30th Anniversary model, but I haven't had that problem. I suppose like anything else, it depends where you rest it, how much pressure you use, etc.

Each of us has our own way of playing, and I wouldn't want to tell anyone else how to approach their instrument.

In your situation I'd just block the trem.

I often rest my palm on the bridge of my 30th Anniversary model, but I haven't had that problem. I suppose like anything else, it depends where you rest it, how much pressure you use, etc.

Each of us has our own way of playing, and I wouldn't want to tell anyone else how to approach their instrument.

In your situation I'd just block the trem.b
Is blocking better than just tightening the springs as far as they can go?

I should probably add that in 1971 I had a two-piece Tune-O-Matic bridge installed on my '65 SG Special that originally had Gibson's trem system (it sat as high as a stop tail, however, so no neck angle issue). The mods necessary were very substantial, and it looks pretty darn ugly.

I didn't care, I was a kid.

While I've had the guitar since 1967 and it sounds fine, I completely destroyed its value. That isn't to say you shouldn't do it, just go in with eyes open.

Hmm 90% of my PRS are trems and I rest my hand on the bridge and I have no issues pushing the guitar out of tune.
As others have said you can block the trem or like the silver sky tighten the springs until the bridge touches the body.
to get fine tuners I think you would have to go with a 594 and adapt a fine tuner tail piece to fit.

If you want a PRS that has fine tuners on the trem, there's a simple solution: Sell the guitar you have. Buy a Custom 24 Floyd that has a Floyd Rose trem. Going that route is certainly a lot easier and very likely cheaper than modifying what you have. A Custom 24 Floyd would certainly have more resale value than your existing guitar with any sort of hack modification you may consider.

Thank you very much! Any Fine Tune Stoptails you'd recommend? It's an absolutely beautiful guitar and I prefer to have high quality additions to it.
The Tuners On The Headstock Work Fine. ;) Work With What You Have. It Was Designed That Way For A Reason. :) If Not, Get Rid of The Guitar And Find Something Else. Anything Else Is Simply Not Worth The Troubles And Money.

I have to agree, I wouldn't ditch arguably the best trem and tuners on the market for whatever it is you have envisioned. Sell and get something else. Just not worth it.

Back